#19: I'm Ok (Highschool AU!)

Information:

1) Contains depressing thoughts. Read at your own risk.

2) Angst
___________________________
^^^Inspiration^^^
Play song for dramatic effect

~Lucy's POV~
Natsu. The most handsome boy I've ever met, ever seen. He had spiky yet soft salmon hair and onyx eyes so deep I feel I could dive in and never be able to come up for air.

Lisanna. The prettiest girl in the school. She had silky ivory hair and bright blue eyes, along with smooth skin and perfect little dimples. She was amazing, everything a guy could ever want.

But there I was, standing in her shadow, not getting or standing a single chance against her at winning Natsu's heart. She was bound to be with him, not me.

I was just his best friend, nothing more.

They always said that the most painful thing to do is to watch the person you love love someone else. I didn't believe them.

Not until it was announced that Natsu and Lisanna had started dating.

From that day forward, I was forced to watch them smile together, laugh together, do things I thought only me and Natsu did. Sometimes even more.

I guess I wasn't that special, and yet I thought I was.

I fell hard, too hard, and now I'm paying the price.

I smiled emptily as I secretly stole glances at their everyday couple acts.

Natsu noticed me staring and walked over.

"Hey Luce, what's wrong? You look sad." He said, a concerned look etched across his face.

I smiled through the pain and replied, "I'm ok."

He looked at me sceptically.

"You sure?" He asked.

I simply nodded, not trusting my voice to speak.

He smiled and walked away in satisfaction.

It hurt. It hurt seeing them together. It hurt seeing them be so close, closer than Natsu and I used to be. It hurt so much, but I kept smiling.

I had to be strong for them, I didn't want to be a prick who let jealousy take over. I wanted to smile and support them, no matter how bad the ache in my heart was.

I watched Natsu peck her on the lips as they started laughing.

It felt as though a dagger pierced straight through my chest and my heart.

And I stood there, tears flowing down my cheeks as I smiled through it all.

"I'm ok." I muttered as I turned around and walked away, tears still flowing from my eyes.

I'M brOKen.
___________________________
Song:
(Nightcore) I'm Not Her - Julia Brennan