#15: If Only (Modern AU!) (Strangers AU!)

Information:

1) Fluff/ Angst

2) A 'strangers AU' is when two people who are supposed to know each other don't, they're strangers. Either that, or Person A knows Person B, but Person B doesn't know Person A.
___________________________

~Lucy's POV~
I'm walking down the aisle, a bouquet of salmon-pink roses in my hands, a semi-translucent veil trailing behind me as Gray's arm links with mine.

I look towards the centre of the hall where my amazing husband-to-be stood, his black tux being a change from the normal vest he wore. A smile on his face, bigger than I've ever seen it.

I smile in return, the sight of him makes my stomach turn and my heart slam against my chest.

My cheeks flush as he holds his hand out. I take it gracefully and stare him in the eye.

The priest begins to speak, but I pay no mind. All I do is look into the eyes of the man I love, his onyx ones staring into mine with the same intensity I believe mine did.

"Do you, Natsu Dragneel, take Lucy Heartfilia to be your lawfully wedded wife? To have and to hold, from this day forward for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and cherish until death do you part?" Gramps — as we call him, our priest, says as he looks at Natsu with admiration in his eyes.

Natsu nods and smiles.

"I do."

Gramps then looks at me.

"Do you, Lucy Heartfilia, take Natsu Dragneel to be your lawfully wedded husband? To have and to hold, from this day forward for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and cherish until death do you part?"

I smile the biggest I ever have and say a confident, "I do."

Gramps smiles and slams the book shut, a tear falls from his eye as he looks at his 'beloved children'.

"You may now k-kiss the bride." He starts to stutter as he tries to hold his tears in.

Natsu and I both lean in, my arms wrap themselves around his neck and his around my waist.

Our faces meet, our lips brush, and we-

I smile sadly and sigh.

If only he knew my name.