#65: '3, 2, 1' (Soulmate AU!)

Information:

1) Angst

2) It's backkkkk!!!
________________________

~3rd Person POV~
"Oh my gosh, Levy, help me." She hyperventilated.

"Lu, girl, chill. He's your soulmate, it'll be fine." The girl beside her stated.

"But the counter is down to 400! They're gonna be in this library, I know it!" Lucy exclaimed.

"How much do you walk in a library?" Levy sweatdropped.

"Besides, we're here to investigate the secret archive behind the main walls. I highly doubt your soulmate will be in there." She shrugged.

"You never know. We're supposed to meet up with a researcher from a different company, he could be my soulmate." Lucy sighed.

Levy simply laughed, "Maybe, but remember-"

"We still need to hunt down and kill that demon. It's part of our mission too." Levy reminded.

Lucy only nodded in reply.

They both got to the library, which was already closed because it was nighttime.

Lucy pushes open the doors, Levy trailing slightly behind her.

Inside, there was already a man seated at a table, silently reading a book with the lights on.

When he heard the door creak open, his head snapped up and he smiled warmly at the ladies entering.

"Hey, you two are the researchers, right?" He asked, setting the book he was reading aside.

"Yep." Lucy nodded, popping the 'p'.

He walked over to them, intending to shake their hands, when he froze.

"What's wrong?" Lucy asked.

Natsu's eyes shot down to his wrist, and when Lucy's eyes followed, she saw the number on his wrist was down to 0.

Lucy looked up and made eye contact with him.

"I... I'm your s-soulmate?" She asked, looking at her own wrist.

She saw the number still at 107.

This man, whoever he was, was not her true soulmate.

"Uh... I'm Natsu." He held out his hand for her to shake, and she did.

"Lucy. The girl behind me is Levy." Levy popped out from behind her ear friend, "Hi!"

"Nice to meet you two-" He gestured for them to follow him.

"I know where the archives are, c'mon!" He said enthusiastically.

The two followed eagerly, the fact there were more books they could read motivating them.

They reached the secret door, and as they walked down the stairs, Lucy snuck a glance at her wrist.

83, 82, 81...

They reached the bottom of the stairs, and Lucy brushed her fingers along the many shelves against the walls of the secret room, collecting dust.

73, 72, 71...

She stared in awe at the historical notes, the scrolls and books and papers that held Fiore's history.

63, 62, 61...

All the choices previous rulers of Fiore made, the creation of every country, laid out in perfect detail.

53, 52, 51...