#66: Once Broken, Considered Sold (Modern AU!)

Information:

1) Angst/ Fluff
________________________

~3rd Person POV~
Lucy Heartfilia had been broken for months. She'd been cooped up in her room, doing nothing but watching zombie movies and shoving ice cream down her throat as she cried.

Her friends tried so hard to cheer her up, saying that she'd find someone better for her than that... thing.

He was a stupid jerk, what did she see in him anyway? She'd catch herself asking this question many times.

She wondered if she was an idiot for 'falling' for him, or if he was the idiot for thinking she'd be played so easily like that.

...Ok, so maybe she was the idiot, but that didn't matter!

He was dumb anyway, their relationship was dumb anyway!

...Yeah, she was an idiot.

Levy, her best friend, often brought her out of the house to have a sip of coffee, clear her mind and get some ideas for her novel or whatever.

That usually ends up with Lucy almost in tears after seeing a couple stroll into the cafe, the man ordering for both of them because he knows just what his girl likes.

Cana takes her out for drinks and to find a hottie in the club, but Lucy just found herself feeling lonely all over again.

Erza tries to — literally, might I add, drag Lucy out of the comfort of her own room and out into the world. Somehow, she never succeeds.

Juvia loves bringing her out to just chill. Not a specific place, just hanging out. She really started to hate Lucy a lot less after she started dating Gray.

And now they're married. Lucy was happy, sure, but once again, lonely.

So, in the end, Lucy would still be in her room.

Until that day, when Juvia brought Gray to their classic meet-ups.

Lucy and Juvia talked, and Gray just minded his own business.

They were about half an hour into their hangout, when Gray suddenly got a call. His ringtone obviously caught the attention of the two ladies sitting beside him.

He took a quick look at the caller ID and picked up.

"Hey, man!" He cheered as soon as he put the phone to his ear.

"I'm kinda out with Juvia and her other friend right now." He said, which made the two girls kind of confused.

"I mean, you can come join if you want, I'm pretty lonely here." Gray replied.

"I'm at 8-Island, how long 'till you get here?" He asked. Now, Lucy and Juvia were really confused as to who was on the other end of the line.

"Alright then, see you in 10." He smiled, hanging up.

"Who was that?" Juvia asked, looking over at her husband.

"Natsu, 'says he's coming here to chill for a bit, he's bored." He smiled.

Juvia clapped her hands excitedly, "I haven't seen him in a while! It'll be great to talk to him again."

Lucy's eyebrows furrowed, "Who is he?"

"He's Gray and I's good friend from college, we met up again last year, but we haven't seen him since." Juvia replied, still pretty excited.

Lucy nodded in reply, staring off into space and taking a few sips of her strawberry milkshake.

She wasn't quite sure how long she was daydreaming, but the sound of the small bell above the door and Gray and Juvia greeting someone made her think it'd been around ten minutes.

She focused her line of sight on the man now sitting beside Gray and in front of her, and she had to admit, he was really good looking.

He offered her a bright smile, which gave her the sudden urge to smile back.

"I'm Natsu, Natsu Dragneel. Nice to meet 'ya!" He exclaimed, stretching out his hand for her to shake.

"Lucy Heartfilia, the pleasure's all mine." She smiled brightly and genuinely for the first time in months.

Juvia took notice of how brightly Lucy smiled and how happy she seemed around Natsu, and made a mental note to invite him over to visit Lucy more often.

From that day on, they hung out more, and they called each other to talk way into the night. Lucy was much happier, always smiling and left the house way more than she used to.

'Once broken, considered sold' as they would always say, and maybe it was true.

Her heart was broken, and she thought her jerk of an ex would keep it forever.

But she was proven wrong when she found someone willing to sell everything he had to buy it back.