#34: Marry Me

Information:

1) Angst
___________________________
^^^Inspiration^^^

~3rd Person POV~
"Don't you dare leave me, 'ya hear?!" Lucy Heartfilia yelled into the night.

The dying boy in her arms smiled lightly.

"L-Lucy... We've know each other for h-how many years n-now?" He whispered. He was struggling, every word felt like something getting shoved down his throat.

"I don't care about that right now! Natsu-"

"And we've been d-dating for 2 y-years..." Natsu cut her off. Lucy's tears fell onto his cheeks.

"Natsu, please... not now..." She whimpered.

"And all t-this time, I-I've been w-wanting to a-ask you something..." Every sentence he spoke, his stuttering grew worse.

Lucy didn't speak, she simply let the tears fall.

"I want t-to change y-your last n-name, Lucy H-Heartfilia." He coughed, his wound not seizing in its bleeding.

Lucy shook her head, her tears overflowing more, sobs getting louder and more choked in a pitiful attempt to keep her tears in.

Natsu reaches into his pocket and grabbed a black box the perfect size, fitting in his hand just right.

He opened it slowly from his place in Lucy's lap.

"Luce, will y-you m-marry me?" He asked.

Lucy finally found the strength to speak. She opened her mouth and screamed, "Yes, yes I will! But you have to promise me you'll make it out alive-"

She stopped mid-rant when she noticed Natsu's hands shaking.

"No no no, Natsu, no. Don't leave me, you've gotta hold on. We'll get you out of this mess, and then we'll get married and have a child, don't leave m-me..." Her sobs once again started to grow ugly.

She grabbed onto Natsu's hand and gripped it tightly.

"D-Don't leave me a-alone again... Please..." Tighter.

"I'm gonna marry you, I've already said yes..." Tighter.

"So don't leave me here, waiting... Let me love you like I always have..." Tightest she could.

Natsu smiled softly at her and used his last remaining strength to gently caress her face.

She leaned her head into his palm, which was cold and almost lifeless, letting her tears soak it.

"I love you so much, don't leave me..."

"I love you too Luce, don't ever forget that." And his hand fell limp next to his body.

Lucy Heartfilia 'soon-to-be' Dragneel cried aloud. She heard soft footsteps and two light gasps from behind her.

She didn't even have to look to know who the two mystery people were.

"Wendy... Happy... He's gone... Natsu i-is..." Lucy leaned down onto his body and let her tears soak his shirt, sobs racking her body. She shook more every second, cries getting louder and louder.

Happy looked over at the blue-haired girl beside him and shed a tear. Wendy too started crying for the one she considered her brother.

And there the three stayed, until a scarlet-haired woman, raven-haired man and white-coloured cat came to fetch them. The five of them cried solemnly at the loss of a precious member of their weird and crazy family. He was the light, oddly enough.

"Natsu..." Lucy murmured and slipped on the silver ring. She brought it up to her face and examined it.

In the centre was a small gem, onyx, the colour of Natsu's eyes.

She hugged the ringed hand to her chest, her sobs calming, but the mark of the slice through her heart remained.

"I said I'd marry you, you said you'd marry me, so why did you leave...?" Lucy cried and cried.

She would never fully recover from this loss.