#24: We'll Do It... Together (Highschool AU!)

Information:

1) Fluff/ Confession
___________________________

~Lucy's POV~
"Natsu...?" I whisper as Natsu Dragneel walks past me in the hall. He completely ignores me, which makes me sigh.

Natsu Dragneel is the jock of our school, and I have had a little crush on him for a while.

Unfortunately, I don't think he even knows my name.

'Ring!'

"Oh shoot, I'm late!" I exclaim and run off to my class. Lucky Natsu, he doesn't have classes now, it's his free period.

I rush off to Math class, all my books in hand as I try not to be late.

~Natsu's POV~
I heave out a big breath after I hear Lucy's running footsteps fade away.

I lean against the wall and place my hand over my chest as I try to catch my breath.

The heavy blush on my cheeks starts to die down and I'm left standing there like a fool.

'Man, I can't even walk past her without blushing like an idiot.'

I sigh and smile as I think about her gorgeous face and flowing golden hair.

She just so... so perfect.

The problem with being a popular kid, is that every girl, and I mean every, wants to date you.

Mostly my childhood friend Lisanna. She's been getting more and more clingy, and I don't even know why. Mira has been saying Lisanna was acting different, but didn't think it was anything. I on the other hand tell a whole different tale.

Jinx.

"Natsu!" I hear a squeaky voice yell before I am trampled. Literally.

I feel Lisanna on top of me, basically straddling me.

"Lisanna, get off! You're crushing me!" I complain. She crosses her arms and pouts, looking away.

"You can't say that to a girl, dummy!" She smacks me upside the head and gets off of me.

I rub my head and stand up, leaning against the wall for extra support.

"Shouldn't you be in class?" I ask. She shakes her head.

"We're the same age, Natsu. We both have free period right now." Lisanna frowns, probably because I don't know her schedule.

'I know Lucy's though.'

"Why do you always have to come after me?" I whine. Sure, she's my childhood friend, and it's not like I don't wanna be around her, it's just that sometimes she gets a bit possessive.

Lisanna stomps away, leaving me alone in the hallway to recollect my thoughts.

I sigh and head up to the roof. I breathe in the fresh air and smile as I sit down, my feet dangling over he edge. I usually come here to just... think about everything.

Whether it'd be a test, a competition, a presentation, anything. I just think the rooftop is the most peaceful place to be.

I look around Magnolia City, the place I grew up in my whole life.

I hear soft footsteps before someone sits down beside me. I look to my right and see... Lucy Heartfilia sitting right next to me!

I start to blush as I whisper, "Are you alright?"

She seemed shocked that I spoke to her, but she soon recollected herself and sighed.

"I just got called into the principals office. I got a phone call saying my dad... got into a car accident." She mutters. My eyes go wide and stare into her own.

She starts to tear up as she continues, "He didn't survive."

I inhale sharply and instinctively wrap my arms around her and hug her. I feel her stiffen and the tears fall as she hugs me back, softly sobbing into my shoulder.

"I-I don't know what to d-do. My mom is dead and now my d-dad..." She cries. I pat her on the back and smile sadly.

"I know how you feel. My mother died when she was giving birth to me, I never met her. My brother got into a car accident during one of his school trips and my father left me after suffering from depression for seven years." I say.

She looks up at me with her teary brown eyes and asks, "You're alone too?" I nod.

She springs up, wipes her tears and smiles. Shoving her hand forward, she says, "I'm Lucy Heartfilia. Nice to meet you."

I gladly take her hand and shake it. "Natsu Dragneel. Right back at 'ya."

She lifts up her other pinkie finger and looks me in the eye.

"Then we'll be together. That way, we'll never be alone again." She promises.

I link my pinkie with hers and nod. "Well do it-"

"-together." Lucy finishes with me. We smile and link our hands, standing up and heading back into the school to get to our next classes.