#53: Lucy's Happiness

Requested by PrincessLucy05
I'm reallyyyy sorry if this wasn't what you were expecting, but this was all I got •_•

Information:

1) Fluff
___________________________

~Natsu's POV~
The Grand Magic Games had left an imprint in her mind, she cried all the time. She lost to Flare, and then to Minerva. She felt bad, torn.

Her ragged breaths and teary eyes scared me to the core.

They always have.

I held the shivering girl tightly in my arms as she cried. The only light source in the room was the moonlight shining brightly through the window, the curtains swaying with the rhythm of the gentle breeze.

"N-Natsu..." She whined, clutching tightly onto my shirt. I caressed her hair gently.

"Shh, it's all gonna be okay, Luce." I shivered when her cries got louder.

A chill shot down my back and I latched onto her tighter, the sounds of her weeping were the only things I heard.

I looked down at her and frowned, my heart wrenching in pain as I examined her pale face. She was cold, scared.

I grabbed the blanket and tucked her in, but she grabbed onto my hand and pulled me down, sitting up and continuing to cry.

I let out a shaky breath, I could barely breathe.

"I-I failed a-all of y-you... I don't d-deserve to be in F-Fairy T-Tail!" She wailed. I stiffened and held onto her shoulders tightly.

"Don't you dare say that, Luce. You are just as apart of the family as I am." I muttered and pulled her close once more.

"You lost two battles, so what? Not to mention Raven Tail cheated, so in a way, you really only lost one. Besides, everyone fails." I hugged her tight, my arms completely wrapping themselves around her, protecting her.

She shook her head.

"Y-You don't." She whispered, and I couldn't help but laugh.

She looked up.

"W-What...?" She said, her voice raspy from crying.

"I don't fail? Seriously?" My laughter died down as I looked her straight in the eyes.

I felt tears fall from my eyes onto my cheeks, one by one rolling down and falling onto the sheets.

"You crying is me failing, Luce." My voice shook from nervousness.

She blinked up at me, her eyes wide in confusion.

"I promised myself I'd keep you happy." I cried.

I wiped my tears and shook my head.

"And I failed." I whispered, a weak smile on my face as I locked eyes with Lucy once more.

Lucy shook her head rapidly, reaching up and grabbing my face. She pressed her forehead to mine and smiled through her tears.

"You have never made me unhappy, Natsu." She quivered.

"You have made me happier than ever." She whispered in my ear.

"And for that..." she leaned down and gave me a tight hug, gently wiping my tears away.

"...I thank you." She smiled and leaned into my chest, her tears finally stopping.

A sigh of contentment left my mouth.

My tears slowed before coming to a halt, my heartbeat steadying itself once more.

I inhaled her scent, our hearts beating in unison.

Lucy chuckled and smiled her normal bright smile.

"Save the tears for when we win, alright?" I asked with a smile. She nodded enthusiastically.

"I'll just have to try even harder next time!" She grinned, her confidence spiking. I grinned back.

I pumped the air and yelled, "Aye!"

She hugged me once again, us finally feeling the drowsiness from all the crying. I tucked us into bed again, weaving my hand through Lucy's hair as I fell into slumber.

We drifted off, her in my arms and me in hers as we smiled.