#26: Eyes and Ears (Soulmate AU!)

Information:

1) Angst/ Fluff

2) I know I'm doing another soulmate au, but it's my favourite au and there's tons of ways to write it so...

3) This one shot is long. VERY LONG.
___________________________
^^^Inspiration^^^

Defects, everyone has them.

Everyone is born with a different defect, and their soulmates are born with opposite defects.

Example, if Person A is born without a right leg, Person B would be born without a left leg.

However, if Person A and Person B meet, they will both grow their missing leg.

If you meet your soulmate, your defect will be healed.

But...

If your soulmate dies, you gain their defect, meaning you'll have both defects. Even if your defect has been healed, it will come back after your soulmates death.

~Lucy's POV~
I was born blind.

Many people thought that this meant my soulmate died before they were born.

That's because I was blind in both eyes, not just one.

I sighed as I brushed my fingers over the pages of the book I had borrowed. Of course it was a brail book, I couldn't see after all.

It was a story about how a blonde princess met her prince, it was quite cliche and ironic, to be honest.

The princess' name was Ashley, who fell in love with a half-human, half-dragon boy named Dragion.

Ashley was deaf, and Dragion was blind. Heh, weird.

I closed the book and rubbed my arm, it feeling slightly sore for me reading for so long.

I sighed sadly yet contently. I was of course worried my soulmate was indeed dead, but there was a part of me that hoped he wasn't, and that he was perfectly healthy, but then again in a world like this that was impossible.

"Hey, Lu!" I heard my best friend Levy call out. I tried to look towards her, but then I realised I couldn't see and looked away.

I sighed again. 21 years- almost 22, and I still wasn't really used to the whole 'I'm blind' thing.

In both eyes, at least.

"Yeah, Levy?" I replied, rubbing my eyes.

"You wanna go shopping?" She asked, tugging my hand.

I laughed.

"Alright, let's go shopping." I said. She practically cheered and I was dragged off.

"Levy, careful! I'm blind over here!" I warned.

~Time skip~
"Lu, there's an ice cream shop over there!" Levy pointed out excitedly.

I smiled and nodded.

"Why don't you go get the ice cream while I sit down somewhere?" I asked. She nodded and led me along.

"You wait here." She sat me down on a bench. My hand brushed someone else's. I blinked and looked up, only to see a man with spiky hair and dark eyes staring off into the distance.

I started to panic.

'I can see, oh gosh.'

I looked around, trying to find Levy, but she was already in the shop.