#67: It's Time

Information:

1) Fluff
________________________
^^^Inspiration^^^

~3rd Person POV~
Lucy stared at the beautiful wedding band wrapped tightly around her ring finger.

Her gaze then drifted to window she sat beside. She looked out to see her beloved playing around with their son.

It's time to begin, isn't it?

She placed a gentle hand on her growing stomach, another perfectly healthy baby residing within her.

She smiled softly, never did she ever think her life would turn out this way.

I get a little bit bigger

Her and her husband still worked in the guild, obviously, but her writing career had shot through the roof, the whole of Fiore knew who she was.

She honestly couldn't ask for more when her husband, back then boyfriend, asked her to date him that same night she received an award for her first novel.

But then, I'll admit

Though, she had to say, no matter what happened or how many awards she got, she was still Lucy.

Lucy Heartfilia, turned Dragneel, a proud member of Fairy Tail, wife and mother of one, soon-to-be two.

I'm just the same as I was

No matter how many crazily stupid adventures she went on with Team Natsu and her husband and his magical, talking, flying cat — who was now having a nice nap in the chair beside her.

She knew who she was, and she knew that no one could say or do anything to convince her she wasn't happy, because she was overjoyed.

Now, don't you understand?

She had a beautiful, handsome, 2 year old son, and her loving husband who she knew would never leave her.

She was just his type too, and no other girl could handle his fiery and destructive personality and nature anyway, so she wins by default.

That I'm never changing who I am

Holding onto the armrest for support, she stood up carefully. She made her way to the door, opening it and taking a deep breath when she stepped through the frame.

She walked over to the part of the backyard the rest of the family was playing in, a smile on her face as she held her belly.

It's time to begin, isn't it?

"Luce!" Her husband called out. He jogged over to her, holding onto her firmly and leading her to the chair they had nearby.

He pecked her on the forehead after she was seated, "Hey, babe. What's up?"

We get a little bit bigger

She naturally felt her smile growing bigger. She grinned cheekily, "Nothing. I just kinda realised how much I love you."

A light blush appeared on Mr. Dragneel's face, and he averted his gaze to anywhere but his lover, sighing, "Luce, no."

But then, we'll admit

She looked over to her son, who was now chasing around a few butterflies, jumping up and down energetically.

"What did I ever do to deserve this?" She asked, eyes closed in genuine peace and comfort.

We're just the same as we were

"You were you, Luce. That's what made me love you more, the fact that no matter what, you were still you." He smiled, planting a kiss fully on her plump lips.

She returned it, quickly parting after a short while, saying, "I love that part of you two, Natsu."

Now, don't you understand?

Said salmon-pink haired man reached down and pat her tummy, smiling as he felt a light kick, "Calm down, Nashi. You've still got three months to go." He chuckled.

Lucy giggled, ruffling her husband's hair, "Luke! Come over here and play with mommy and daddy!" She called out to her amazing child, who responded with a loud cheer.

That we're never changing who we are.
________________________
Song:
It's Time - Imagine Dragons