#58: Love Someone (Highschool AU!)

Information:

1) Fluff

2) Natsu is OOC in this one shot, he's like that person in school who has no friends and stuff.
___________________________
^^^Inspiration^^^
Play song for dramatic effect

"'Cause when you love someone, you open up your heart."

"When you love someone, you make room."

"If you love someone, and you're not afraid to lose them, you've probably never loved someone like I do."

~3rd Person POV~
Natsu has never had many friends.

He closed himself in after losing almost everyone significant to him. His family, including the parents, brother and uncle he loved to no end. He had also lost his childhood friend Lisanna after a car accident.

He had no one to turn to anymore.

He was the popular boy in school, every girl in school loved him.

He was the star basketball player, the sport he loved to play with his family, which was why he felt obliged to be good at it.

His grades were also top notch, Lisanna would always force him to study, getting bad grades would let her down.

He had everything.

And yet, he had nothing.

Until she came to school that day.

Natsu had never felt more angry. Who does she think she is, shoving him around and expecting him to take it?

He tried so hard to hate her, but she was just so nice. Like, impossibly nice. He couldn't hate her, no matter how hard he tried.

In fact, he ended up doing just the opposite.

"Cause when you love someone, you open up your heart."

Her golden locks, flowing until mid-back. Her chocolate brown eyes, shining in the sunlight every time she smiled. Her smile alone made her beautiful.

Not to mention she was incredibly nice, did he say that yet?

Yeah, she pushed him into a locker, but granted he was being mean to Levy, so really, he was at fault.

Natsu doesn't like to admit he's wrong, but with her, it felt right.

Every time she smiled his heart would swell.

"When you love someone, you make room."

After he met her, she transformed him. Completely.

He became much nicer, his grades shot higher than they ever had. His basketball playing was also affected, he helped Magnolia win in the National Championship.

He became a literal star in her galaxy, and he became friends with the others. His heart opened up for them, and after all this time, he became himself again.

And he had her to thank.

"If you love someone, and you're not afraid to lose them-"

She got into a car accident a few days ago.

He was so scared.

He couldn't lose her, he couldn't lose his light.

With her gone, he'd become that shell he used to be again. He didn't want that, he loved her.

Losing her would be like losing everyone else again, maybe even worse.

He couldn't take it.

He had begged Mavis that she was alright, and when he found out she was awake, he had run to the hospital faster than ever.

He burst into the hospital room, eyes brimmed with tears threatening to fall out any second, red and puffy from all the crying he had previously done.

With a giant leap towards her, he crushed her in his arms, smile as wide as the sky.

She had generously returned it, with a smile and tears of her own to shed.

"-you've probably never loved someone like I do."