#4: It's Simple

Information:

1) Fluff/ Confession
___________________________

~3rd Person POV~
"Natsu, why do you keep following me?" The blonde beauty asked, fed up of the dragon slayer's antics.

He had been following her the whole day. He followed her home, to the guild, to the market, everywhere.

"It's simple, Luce. It's because I love you." He smiled.

Said girls face flushed red.

She didn't say a word, just pushed him out her door and locked it.

Her back slid down it, looking down at her palms and sighing.

"You don't know what love means, idiot." She got up from her spot near the door and went to bed.

It was quickly the next day, and guess what Lucy woke up to.

Natsu's obnoxious snoring.

"Kyaa~!!" She yelled out, waking the boy up.

"Luce?" He muttered.

"What the heck are you doing in my bed, ya pervert?!" Lucy screamed, attempting to kick him off but failing miserably.

Natsu wrapped an arm around the frantic girls waist, pulling her close enough to feel his warm hard chest.

"Go back to bed Luce, it's too early." He said.

Lucy once again went fifty shades of red as she wiggled in his grasp.

"No, I refuse!" She whined.

Natsu clamped a hand on her mouth, efficiently shutting her up.

"Just be quiet for once, would 'ya?" He asked annoyed.

She groaned and nodded, settling back in Natsu's warm and built arms.

"Why do you always sneak into my house anyway?" She was curious. She knew he liked to do it, but she never really knew why he did it.

She could feel him smile.

"It's simple. It's because I love you, Luce." His breath fanned her neck, her cheeks turning crimson as she heard the phrase that she's now gotten used to hearing.

She smiled.

"Idiot." She went back to sleep.

~Time skip~
"Hey, Luce! Is it ok if I make breakfast?" Natsu yelled from the kitchen.

Lucy's face paled.

"S-sure. Just please don't burn the house down..." She begged him.

"Will do!" He yelled back.

She stepped into the dining room after a while to see a big plate of bacon and eggs set out for her, as well as her favourite glass filled with orange juice on her pink coaster.

She was stunned to say the least.

"Woah, where did you learn how to cook like this?" She asked astonished.

"I learnt it by watching you cook! I love 'ya!" He said once again and went back into the kitchen to get his own food.

She sighed and smiled, sitting down and enjoying the surprisingly delicious food Natsu had made for her.

"Thanks, Natsu." She whispered under her breath.

"Natsu, why do you always say you love me?" She finally asked. The curiosity had chipped away any remaining common sense as the question flew out, no hesitation and no looking back.

He looked shocked for a second, but his expression quickly morphed into one of happiness and joy.

"It's because I do, 'ya doof." He said.

"But love me how? As a friend? A guildmate? A-" She started to write a whole list in her head, but it all scattered as his next words were spoken.

"A lover."

Two simple words with one simple meaning. His expression serious and his eyes shining bright, as if all the weight of the world had been lifted from his broad shoulders.

Lucy was completely lost, her heart thumping in her chest so loud she was sure Natsu could hear it.

"What does that mean?" She quivered, her breath wavering and her heart rate unsteady.

"It means what it means, Luce. I love you." He said once again, leaving the blonde celestial mage even more confused than before.

"But I-" Once again she was cut off.

But this time, it was by Natsu's lips on hers.

He kissed her with what seemed to be all the passion in the world, as Lucy willingly submitted to the pure bliss that flowed through her veins from the contact.

That kiss was simple, a normal kiss. Nothing much.

But yet it held so much meaning. Just that one simple gesture and Lucy got the message.

She understood that he loved her, and that was all there was to it.

He didn't love her body, he didn't love her brains, he didn't love her strengths nor her weaknesses.

He loved her.

And that was all that mattered.

It was that simple.