#13: I'm Sorry {pt. 2} (Highschool AU!)

Information:

1) Part 2 to 'I'm sorry'. You should read part 1 first.
___________________________

~Lucy's POV~
Does he think I hate him?

Is it my fault?

If I didn't yell at him, would he still bully me? Talk to me?

Would he still care about me like he used to...?

I sighed and gently closed my locker, hugging my Math books to my chest. I trudged to class, my heart sinking deeper into the hole known as my emotions as I thought about how differently the situation could have played out if I hadn't yelled at Natsu.

I bumped into someone and looked up, seeing the one person I didn't want to see right then.

"I'm sorry." I said and looked back down, moving aside and continuing to walk to class.

My salmon-haired best friend stood there, looking at my back as I walked off.

Little did he know that those words, 'I'm sorry', wasn't just me apologising for bumping into him.

I was sorry for everything.

Everything I had done so far.

'I'm sorry...'

I rounded the corner and walked into Math class, sitting down and staring at the window I conveniently sat at.

'...so sorry...'

~Natsu's POV~
I watched her retreating back as she walked off, her long locks of golden hair flowing behind her as she left, her head hung low.

I sighed and turned around from the sight. My heart hurt seeing her like that, but I really don't have the right to talk. I made her this way.

Just the thought alone made me shiver.

I stepped out the school's doors, looking at the bright blue sky that started to turn grey.

Droplets of water started falling from the clouds above. I closed my eyes and listened to the soft 'pit pat' of the water hitting the ground.

I was getting wet, but I didn't care.

"Natsu? It's raining, dude. Come inside. What are you doing out here anyway?" I heard Gray ask from behind me.

I didn't respond.

I still didn't respond as he grabbed me by the arm and pulled me inside, my school uniform almost completely soaked.

"Natsu?" I snapped my eyes open at the voice.

That wasn't Gray's voice... It was Lucy's!

I turned around sharply.

"Lucy?!" I called out.

But I didn't see her standing there, I just say Gray looking at me weirdly.

"Lucy's in class. We have free period right now. Why would she be here?" Gray asked me.

I sighed and shook my head, once again refusing to say anything.

Gray groaned from behind me.

"You can't stay like this forever, man. You gotta grow a pair and apologise to her-" He said but I cut him off.

"You don't understand, Gray! You don't know how painful it is to see the girl you love acting so cold to you! She hates me, Gray! Get it through your thick skull!" I snapped.

I stood there, staring at Gray's face of shock.

My knees felt weak, and they gave way as I crumpled to the floor, burying my face in my hands as I cried.

Gray pat my back and tried to comfort me, but I couldn't be fixed by anyone but her.

I was broken by her.

Only she can fix me. I'm a piece of glass only she knows how to repair.

"Natsu...?" I heard her soft voice whisper from next to me.

I looked up and saw her standing there, a hurt look on her face, her eyes showing confusion and shock.

"Why are you here?" I asked.

Her eyes softened and she looked at me with a sad smile. At the moment I didn't even notice Gray had left.

"I heard you yelling at Gray. I heard... I heard what you said." She walked closer to me as she spoke.

My eyes widened in horror.

"You... You didn't..." I didn't believe her, but I knew she was speaking the truth. Her eyes said it all.

She nodded as confirmation.

"I did." She smiled and hugged me.

"And I love you too, idiot." It was barely audible, but I caught it.

I never smiled bigger in my life.

She broke the hug and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"Now why don't we go get some ice-cream? My treat." She suggested.

My ears perked up at the sound of free food, and I agreed hastily as she laughed.

"I'm sorry, Luce."

"I'm sorry too, Natsu."

Those were the words we exchanged as we walked off to the ice-cream parlour.

Holding hands.