#35: Just Like Every Other Night (Soulmate AU!)

Information:

1) Angst/ Fluff

2) ...I have a problem...
___________________________
^^^Inspiration^^^

~Natsu's POV~
There she is, I can see her.

Just like every other night.

Her soft yet bright golden hair is still flowing down her back, her brown chocolate eyes are unchanging. They're the same as always.

Just like every other night.

She looks at me, and we make eye contact.

"Hey Luce! How'ya doing?" My voice rings out, asking the same thing I do every time.

Just like every other night.

"I'm doing... slightly worse than usual, actually." Wait a minute, that was a different response. That reply wasn't like any other night.

I quickly walked over to her and pat her on the back.

"What's wrong?" I asked,

She remained silent.

"You wanna talk about it...?" I asked.

She sighed.

"It's just, I've been thinking... What if we never meet each other? I'm getting tired of only seeing you in my dreams." She grumbled.

I chuckled.

"Is that really what this is about?" I asked, a few laughs in between.

"Hey!" A tint of pink dusted her cheeks. I snickered.

"I'm also getting kinda impatient, actually. But I'm sure we'll meet one day, I promise." I said.

"Are you sure?" She asked, still looking down.

"Luce, I can promise you, that I will find you one day, and we will finally see each other." I said, determination sparking in me.

"Yeah. Yeah, you're right." Lucy turned to me and hugged me.

"Thanks, Natsu." She murmured into my shoulder.

I hugged her back.

"Anytime, Luce." I mumbled.

Maybe I shouldn't be so expectant of the dreams being just like every other night.

Because this one definitely was not just like every other night.