#68: Stop It

Information:

1) Angst

2) Blood >:3
________________________
^^^Inspiration^^^

~Natsu's POV~
Stop it. Stop it, please!

Brown eyes stared into mine.

Brown eyes, usually so filled with joy and light. Shining, shimmering, sparkling. Beautiful.

Those same brown eyes were staring at me, wide, panic-stricken, filled with fear.

Let me go!

One step, two steps, three steps, four. I'm getting closer, and she's moving away.

Run! Lucy, run!

A loud cackle filled the air. Lucy's head snapped to the source, her golden hair whipping the air. Her already wide eyes practically popped out of her skull.

Don't hurt Lucy, please!

I pulled and tugged, pushed and shoved, but all I did was keep walking.

I couldn't control myself, and I hated it.

You can do whatever you want with me!

Lucy's back hit the wall, she was cornered. And I was still advancing on her, drawing closer with each dreaded step.

Don't hurt her, please!

That evil bastard, the one we were sent to kill, he was just standing there, laughing his head off. Like it was all some silly joke.

I love her, please, stop!

From the corner of my now dark red eyes, I could see that silver glint on her finger.

Don't touch Lucy!

I raised my fist, and through the flames engulfing it, I saw the same silver shine on my finger.

Don't touch my wife!

The laughing grew louder, each step I took leaving a sickening thud on the ground. I wasn't physically present, but I could feel the heat of the flames rising.

Why? Why are you doing this?

I felt so weak, seeing her, trembling and shaking, as if she really believed I would kill her. Though, in my current situation, I would. And honestly, I'm pretty sure that fact was what truly scared her.

What do you gain from this?

That bastard couldn't hear me no matter what I said or how much I begged, I knew this. Yet, I had to try. Lucy's life was on the line.

Why do you have to hurt her?

I was getting far too close for comfort, I could practically feel my flames licking her skin, making her scrunch up her face in slight pain and discomfort.

Is it fun, listening to her silent pleas for me to stop? Is it?!

I was staring straight into her eyes now, those beautiful brown eyes. Shining, shimmering, sparkling, even through the fear.

How would this benefit you?

My fist lifted. Readying a punch, I stared into those chocolate brown orbs.

How would Lucy's pain do any good for anyone?!

I could see it. Even though I was literally about to kill her, her eyes were forgiving. She forgave me before I hit her, touched her even.

Lucy, I'm so sorry, sweetheart...

I socked her square in the gut, sending her flying backwards into the wall.

I couldn't stop it, I'm weak.

Sliding down the wall, she coughed, blood splattering everywhere.

Thank you for your forgiveness.

"It's okay, Natsu. It's okay. I know it's not your fault."

Though, I'm not too sure I could forgive myself.

"I forgive you, okay, baby? I'll always forgive you. This isn't your fault."

Lucy...

Her brown orbs close, her chest stops moving. She's dead.

I'm so sorry...

I fall to my knees beside her, the magic gone, along with the bastard.

Though, he wasn't the only one gone.

I ran my bloodied hand through her blonde locks, spreading the red all over it.

"I'm so sorry."