EPILOGUE

With the alarm blaring beside my head, I can’t help but groan. Wrapped in Caleb’s arms I sigh as I try to pry myself out of his strong grip.

“Don’t move.” He says sleepily and I laugh at this and he simply pulls me closer towards him.

“Babe… I need to go get them ready.” I say and he just shakes his head.

“They can fend for themselves… I want my beautiful wife to myself for the day.”

“I have work.” I say simply.

“Call in sick… I’m sure they don’t want a sick doctor helping people.”

I roll my eyes and agree with him and snuggle closer to him. I close my eyes and just enjoy the time I have in his arms. It seems like forever that we haven’t had time for ourselves.

As we lay down for a while I begin to stir, “Babe as fun as it is staying with you, I want to eat.” I say and he chuckles.

“You are always hungry… How am I not surprised.” I roll my eyes at this and then roll out of bed and he does the same.

“Shut up Caleb.” I say and when his back is turned to mine I smile and jump on his back, wrapping my arms and legs around him.

“Giselle, what the hell do you think you’re doing?”

“I want a piggy back… Now bring me to the kitchen.” I demand playfully and he laughs and follows my command.

Making our way downstairs to the kitchen, Caleb sits me down on the island and begins taking things out of the fridge to make some brunch. Looking over at the kitchen, I roll my eyes at the mess the kids left for the both of us… They are seriously going to get a piece of my mind when they get home.

Admiring my husband getting ready, I can’t help but feel good that he finally learnt how to cook. After years of perfecting his skills, he has finally learnt to cook a meal without burning it. And that has made me the happiest woman in the word in the past years.

As Caleb and I eat together, I feel as if we are teens again; we could care less about anything surrounding us and all that matters to us is each other. We are caught up in our own world until I hear the phone.

Caleb answers it dreadfully.

“Hello?” He says with his deep voice.

His eyebrow raises as he looks at me as he nods his head and sighs as he says something on the phone and then hangs up.

“So what’s up?” I ask him because I know something wrong.

“Well, that was your daughter’s school and apparently something went wrong and we need to go there.” He says simply.

“How come she’s my daughter when she’s acting up?” I ask as I cross my arms.

“Because we both know where she got her attitude from; and it was not from me.” He says simply.

I roll my eyes, “That’s a lie…”

“No that’s the truth… Now hurry your pretty little ass.” He says as he kisses me on the lips quickly and we go up to get dressed.

With the both of us dressed in some jeans and a normal t-shirt, I smile at the notion that we’re matching. I tie my hair in a ponytail and get my ass in gear as does Caleb.

Making our way to the car, I make my way to the passenger seat as I never drive and Caleb begins driving. On the ride there I can’t help but think of our kids.

*

After Isaiah turned 5, I was just pregnant one year after the other… And every child was as wonderful and tiresome as the other…