Chapter 20?

Vini m pale cherie 
mwen gen pawol pou 'konte ou 
vini m pale doudou \

From one party to another this is completely different. Well at least the upstairs section is. Right now my mommy’s side of the family and I think my father is all at my auntie’s house who is throwing a birthday party for Serenity.

So upstairs there is kompas playing full blast and all the aunties and uncles are just talking about basically nothing in either French or Creole… I swear it’s like I have entered little Haiti. Downstairs in the basement are the kids and the teenagers basically left there to fend for themselves.

We’re all downstairs either talking, gossiping, playing video games, listening to music or running around playing games (the small kids).

Melanie and Jordan are here too! Well Jordan and my sister are obviously being the cute adorable couple that they are and I think Mel is basically flirting with all my cousins. When we first came in the basement and she saw my cousins she got so angry at me.

“Why didn’t you tell me that your cousins are so sexy?” She whispered in my ear.

“Because they are my family members and that would somewhat be incestuous… But go on and mingle.” I told her and she did just that.

So why am I upstairs? Because I am hungry and there is no food to eat. So I walk past the uncles and aunties until I reach my mother who is in the kitchen with my aunts.

I slowly walk in and say hi and then go beside my mom who is making some salad.

“Mom is there anything that I can eat we’re all hungry in the basement.” I complain.

“Well wait Tatianna the food will almost be finished.” That is a lie…. Haitians take the longest time to cook food.

“Mommy please can I have like a piece of meat?” and she shakes her head.

I sigh and take a seat and decide to help my aunts cut up food since if I leave there will be this thing about how we don’t help and yadda yadda yadda.

My aunties are singing along with the Haitian music and I just try to block this out.

As I  cut the vegetables my phone starts to vibrate so I take out my phone to see who it is. And of course Caleb is calling me. I quickly take the phone and answer. 

“Hello?” I ask.

“Hey babe” He greets.

“Don’t call me that please you know I hate that.” I say with a small smile.

“Alright there sweet girlfriend of mine.” I roll my eyes and grin.

By now my aunties and my mother are simply look at me wit grins on their faces. I put the phone on my chest anf look at them.

“Are you guys okay?”

“Oui… Now who are you talking to?”

“My umm boyfriend.” I say lowly so no one else hears and they all gasp.

My auntie Carole speaks up with a smile and puts her hand out for my phone.

“Ban mwen telefòn an” She says in Creole basically telling me to give her my phone and I oblige.

I will never live this down…

So my aunts start talking to Caleb asking him questions on the phone until they basically order him to come over here. So after they give him the address and that shit they pass me back the phone.