Chapter 28

*4 and some years later**

I am laying on my couch in the living room studying as the TV is turned on in front of me. A box of leftover pizza is sitting on the counter in the kitchen behind me and I smile satisfied that my damn apartment is finally clean.

Did you catch that? My apartment… And damn does this shit feel good.

Well technically it’s mine and Melanie’s but still I no longer live with my sister and mother and it’s been a while actually. After high school ended and I had to leave for school since Mel and I are going to the same school we decided to basically move in together since my mom’s apartment is on the other side of the earth and where we live now is close to work and school. Walking distance might I add.

Melanie is in her room and in my bed since I am the nice person I am is little 4 year old Elijah who is sleeping since Deon wanted to go out tonight and I had nothing else better to do and a cute for year old added to my day.

Elijah is too adorable thought. I can already tell that he is going to be a heartbreaker in the future. He’s like the nice non-asshole version of Deon. And he looks exactly like him. He is in kindergarten and he is such a smarty it’s crazy. This kid is going to do so much good things.

It helps that his grandmother is involved in his life and helps out and that she actually brings him to church every Sunday. But yeah… Elijah is the cutest kid I have seen yet. Mel and I spoiled him today since we had no work or classes.

Putting my books on the coffee table in front of me I look at stare at the TV satisfied with the amount of studying I put in.

After watching TV for a short while I hear the door being knocked and I go over to the door to see who it is. From the peephole I see a pair of brown eyes and I look and quickly open the door.

“Serenity what the hell are you doing here?” I ask pulling her close to me and closing the door behind me.

As I lock the door I look at my little sister and study her… She turned 18 this February and she still looks like a little kid. He eyes though look so sad and she looks like she has been crying.

“I… I saw him and…. He was…” She stutters and I look at her confused and motion her to sit down and get her a glass of water.

I hand it to her and make her drink it. When she sips it I look at her.

“Okay so now slowly… What happened?” I say.

“Jordan… I saw him in his room with another girl…” She says slowly and I look at her.

“What were they doing?”

Serenity gives me a hard look as if I said something stupid… And I think I did.

“What do you think Jordan was doing … in his room… With a girl?” She asks me.

I sigh, “Serenity I’m so sorry.” I say hugging her.

She hugs me back and looks at me. “So umm… could I stay here tonight please? I don’t want to go home because I might run into him…” She says and I nod my head telling her to take my bed with Elijah. She does just that and I go in Melanie’s room to fill her in.

I knock and enter, “So… your brother was caught in bed…. With someone who’s not my sister.” I tell her as I cross my arms looking at her as she does her nails on her bed and she quickly looks up at me with shock clearly written on her face.

“Are you serious?” She asks.

“My sister is sleeping on my bed and that’s what she told me….” I say