Chapter 21

It seems like hours have passed as I stare him in the eyes and shake my head slowly as he looks back at me intently.

“I’m sorry Caleb but no I can’t” I say lowly.

“Tatianna please you can I know you can.”

“Caleb that’s where you’re wrong… I can’t do this.”

“You can’t do what?”

“Whatever this is I just can’t do it.”

“Tatianna look at me.” He orders softly and I shake my head. He repeats it but I look down at my feet while my arms are crossed on my chest.

He puts his hand out so he can see my face but I push his hand away.

“Don’t touch me Caleb.” I say

“Well then look at me please Tatianna.” I do as he says and look up at him.

“Why can’t you do this.”

“Why are you forcing me to do this… Caleb I’m sorry but I just can’t do it.” I say quietly.

“Why not?”

“Because I don’t feel the same way about this as you do. I can’t just love something like that to want to have it every day around me like that.” I say clearly.

His face is unreadable as he stares at me.

“Tatianna I know you don’t want to do this.”

I nod my head, “But I do. I don’t feel the same way that you do about it.”

“Tatianna please I’m begging you.”

“I can’t do it. I’m sorry but No.”

“Tat-“

Caleb is interrupted, “Oh my Gosh just eat your damn salad Tatianna. No one cares if you don’t like it! Open your mouth and eat it. You guys sound so stupid right now.”

We both turn to see my sister looking at me clearly annoyed right now.

So yeah, we’re at my house and Caleb brought some salad and there is no way in hell that I am eating that. It’s been about two months since my sister’s birthday party or whatever so it is getting warmer since it is now the month of April!

My sister stomps out of the room and slams the room door. Well someone is clearly pissed.

I look at Caleb and smile at him; laughing at my sister’s reaction.

“You know I love you right?” I ask him.

“Yeah I do because every once in a while you tell me that.” He says with a smirk, “Now if you love me you would eat the food and stop being picky.”

“That’s peer pressure. You can’t use the ‘if you love me’ line”

“But I can because I know you do.”

Smug bastard….

“You know at school they tell us that if a guy is pressuring you by saying ‘if you love me’ that you shouldn’t do it” I say.

“Yeah but you know I do love you now stop being a smartass and eat your salad… And I doubt they meant that kind of pressure.” He says with a smirk.

I groan and oblige. As I chew I can’t help but hate this damn salad. In mid chew I give him a dirty look him square in the eyes, “Are you happy now?” I ask him.

“Very happy. Now Swallow.” He says.

I glare and do as he says as he stares at me.

“Now that wasn’t so hard.”