Chapter 34

“No problem… I would kick his ass all over again if I could… Babe he said so many things I couldn’t help it.”

“Caleb I don’t want to hear what he said…. I just want you to know for next time. If I tell you not to do something because I can handle it… I would like it if you listened to me…” I say softly and I see him nod.

I look at Thomas and thank him and he quickly says bye knowing I can handle things…

When he closes the door I look at my stupid fiancé and grin.

“I love you.” I hear him whisper.

“Me too.” I say.

***

At the moment I am studying for midterms. A few months have passed and some shit has happened. Caleb graduated with a masters in engineering and so with the help of his dad he managed to get a really nice job working and let me tell you right now, he loves his job so much and it’s nice to see him like that. Also that Dylan character that Caleb beat up for me changed programs surprisingly and he even apologized to me afterwards when Caleb was there(I could really tell that it was forced but whatever).

School, work and wedding planning was so overwhelming as well. School was okay and I’m getting good grades, work was alright as well; Caleb and I even went taste testing for food and we established that the food at the reception or whatever would be a buffet so people would have the choice of west-indian food, Italian and French cuisine. Putting my pen down I smile as I think of when we went looking for cakes.

**

“I don’t like fancy food Caleb” I complain for the hundredth time.

Caleb rolls his eyes and looks at me as he drags my arm and leads me to a nice looking cake. The cake was not to tall and it was three tiers with red flowers and ribbons. It actually looked really nice. Caleb seemed to like it as well and he asked me what I thought about it. Something was still off as I look around and see something that catches my eye.

“Caleb look over there!” I say pointing to a bunch of cute looking cupcakes. And he makes a silly face.

“Tatianna it’s a wedding; you can’t have cupcakes.”

Looking at him I try to pout and he just rolls his eyes telling me no once again. The store salesperson looks at the both of us and decides to intervene because she knoes that this is going nowhere.

“Is everything okay?” She asks cautiously

I shake my head with Caleb and he does the same, “My fiancé is really picky and doesn’t want a conventional cake…” He says staring at me.

“I hate cake… I wouldn’t eat it.”

The girl laughs, “No one really eats wedding cake… It’s decoration…. But for your dilemma we can simply compromise and have layers with cupcakes between.” She says and I nod my head looking at Caleb.

“That sounds nice what do you think of that?”

“I like it very much… Could we speak to the baker or something?” Caleb asks.

“You are speaking to her at the moment.” She says and I smile at that.

We introduce ourselves and then taste a variety of cakes. Towards the end of the cake tasting though we had icing everywhere since we sort of kind of got in an argument over cake and the cupcakes; but, we established to have red on the cake with white fondant and icing but some would be chocolate and some would be vanilla.