Chapitre 5

"May I please go home now?" I ask for the tenth time in about three minutes.

"You know you've been in the car for like 15 minutes now." He says as he eats his fries. I finished eating my chicken nuggets and fries and I'm just waiting for him to bring me home.

"Yo please I have things to do.."

"Really like what?"

"That dosen't concern you... When I got in the car I though that you we're being nice and dropping me home."

"And I am... I just got hungry along the way and had to stop for gas and get some things along the way."

"Lord save me please." I beg silently as I lean my head on the glass.

"So why don't you like me?" He asks curiously.

This catches me off guard, "I don;t like much people but I think ever since your whole Romeo and Juliet's love bullshit that made me dislike you more than regularly."

"Why because I believe in love?"

"Yeah a bit but it's more like your outlook on it. Like you sound like an idiot."

"And you sound like a cynic."

"I'd rather be a cynic than kill myself over love." I say honestly.

"You know that's a stupid reason to dislike someone right."

"Well you asked."

"You started it when you flat out insulted me."

"You weren't even meant to hear that."

"Yeah but you can't assume someone won't understand."

"That's besides the point though. Like gosh. Can we just get over the whole I don't like you thing and you can drive me home like you were supposed to do." 

"Fine." He says.

"Fine." I huff back and cross my arms as he starts driving. When he gets closer to my neighbourhood I can't help but look at his face.

Now the thing is about where I live is that one it's not ghetto but it's not nnecessarily the subburbs either. We are near the projects slightly but in no way are there gangs and random shoot-outs. But like on the outside for many people would want to stay clear simply just because of the way it looks. 

I've lived in worse so I don't really mind where I live either way.

When he reaches the front of my house I tell him to stop and grab my things.

"Thanks for the food and the ride white boy." I yell out as I head inside.

"No problem black girl." He yells back and drives off as I am inside.

When I get inside the building and head in our apartment I hear a familiar male voice. And I can tell you now that it's not Jordan...

"Mom what is he doing here?" I ask pointing to my father.

"Well since you have been avoiding him I decided to invite him for dinner here with us and Serenity has some news for all of us."

"Mom I'm not hungry I ate already." I say.

"Sweetie I don't care you're still going in that dinning room to eat." She says as she looks at me. 

While my mother and father stay in the kitchen I head to my room change in some sweats since I have no one to impress and do my homework and shit like that.

****2 hours later****

"So Tatianna how was your day?" My father asks.

"Uneventful." I say since my mom talked to me telling me that I will speak to him whether I like it or not.