Chapter 16...

I am meeting Caleb’s family…

Two months of dating and I am meeting the family.

Will they like me? Hopefully yes because I am wearing a damned skirt or dress whatever this is in the darn winter for them…

Anyways all of this is going through my mind as Caleb leads thee both of us in the house after parking his car. His hand is holding mine and our fingers are interlaced with one another. Maybe because he knows that I am a nervous wreck at the moment.

Now I have met Caleb’s immediate family before. Mother, Father, Brother and sisters… That was cool. Before and after we dated and they were fine. But this is different. Like this is everyone right now. I have no clue what to expect.

When we walk inside, his entire house transformed. If I thought it was nice before…. Now it’s fabulous, grandiose, spectacular and all those words. Chandelier lit, classical music playing, there were fucking caterers god damnit! Everyone in the house was wearing fancy clothes as well, some more than others. Everyone was immersed in conversation probably catching up and speaking to the one another.

While we are walking Caleb leans in my ear to say something, “Are you ready?” He asks me and I nod.

“Well let’s get this show on the road then.” He says smiling and firsts leads me to his parents.

His mother hugs me and complements what I am wearing and I do the same. I think that she is the only one that hugs me. Most likely because I don’t really like intimate touches such as hugs. We talk for like 10 minutes and then Caleb’s dad comes with his other siblings. We do the whole kiss on both cheeks and smile while making conversation.

I think out of all Caleb’s family the women were the most excited about the whole us dating thing about two months ago. They started to squeal when he announced it and then brought me to a family room or whatever and to Caleb’s embarrassment showed me pictures of him when he was a kid and started to tell me stories.

***Flashback***

The first week we dated Caleb introduced me to his family and they were all happy that we werew dating… At least that’s what it looked like when Caleb’s brother high-fived him and handed a fifty dollar bill to one of his sisters because Caleb later on told me that there was a bet to see how long it would take for me to date him and the girls won.

After the squealing stopped the girls bought me to the family room with all the albums and began to show me all of Caleb’s childhood pictures. And damn there were a lot. While they were showing me I think the guys were talking to Caleb about ‘MAN THINGS’ as Sarah put it and left us to our own things.

When all the guys come back Caleb’s sisters are talking about the time they dressed Caleb up in a bunch of girlish clothes and put make-up on him when he was about six years old and made him balance books on his head because he thought that it was a sport… When they say this I look at Caleb and just laugh with everyone else. They even showed me pictures and the boy was adorable!

“Aww how cute were you!” I say pinching his cheek and he simply scowls at his family and stands up.

“Well thanks for showing her my most embarrassing moments family but Tatianna and I need to study now.” He says pulling me away and I pout.

“But I wanted to see the more pictures.” I say childishly and sigh as we walk out and Caleb rolls his eyes.

“Never again.” He mutters under his breath and brings me to his room so we can read our English book and do the homework.

As I was reading though I thought about what his mother told me about his childhood because it was way different than mine. The boy has lived practically everywhere in Europe and has so many memories there were so many things I didn’t know about him. He spoke like 6 languages, did sports and all that shit… Like wow.