Chapter 33

Can we now establish that I am most likely the laziest person ever when it comes to planning things; and I think that Caleb’s siblings have noticed. During the break I have either been working or planning this damn wedding. Our plan is to handle as many wedding things before I get back to school and then his sisters will handle the rest. Needless to say we are doing a shitload of things and I am legit tired at the moment. After going to FIVE florists mind you we all got in an argument over the damn colours.

Here I am with Caleb, two of his three sisters and Melanie and we are all sitting down eating McDonald’s.

“So I say we go by elimination since everyone is picky.” One of his sisters say.

We all nod at this.

“No pink.” I say crossing my arms.

“No purple.”

“No feminine colors point.”

“No orange… I look fat in orange.” Caleb says with a smirk and I know he is mocking his sister because she had said the exact same thing when planning her wedding.

I look around, “No yellow or brown…”

Caleb and I keep going listing so many colors that at a point both sisters yell stop at the same time. I sigh and look to see that she actually took notes.

“From all of that the only suggestion that I am giving you both is either black and white or red and white since it’s during the winter.” She says with a big sigh.

I look at Caleb and it’s like we are having a conversation with our eyes discussing the theme. I nod at Caleb and let him speak.

“We like the red and white idea.” He says and I smile agreeing.

I look at Melanie and see that she looks so annoyed which causes me to smirk because I told her that she wouldn’t like this one bit. She looks around and then smiles a bit looking around the McDonald’s.

“Yo Tati!” She says and I look at her.

“What?” I ask.

“Do you remember 11th grade?” She asks me with a smile.

“Bits and pieces…”

“If I said that our old English teacher would be here what would you say?”

“Are you talking about Ms. Maine?” I ask her with a smile coming to my face remembering all the shit that went down in that class. The debates, the fights, kissing Caleb… Hell even arguing about stereotypes. I look at Caleb to see that he too has a smile on his face remembering the same thing.

I look at him and grab his arm, “Let’s go say hi!” I say feeling a bit better and slightly forgetting about this torture that they call wedding planning. Caleb says okay and with that we are standing up looking for my teacher. Mel points her out for me and we both go to where she is seated.I pat her shoulder and smile as take a seat pulling Caleb beside me to seat.

“Hi Ms. Maine I am not sure if you remember the two of us but you were our teacher like about 5 years ago…” I say smiling at her.

Her eyes widen in memory and she nods, “Yeah I do… If I recall Tatianna was the opinionated one who did not believe in true love and Caleb was the quiet hopeless romantic.” She says with a big smile and then smiles even bigger when she sees Caleb’s arm around my shoulder.

I laugh at what she said and then nod my head.

“I was not that quiet.” Caleb says and Ms. Maine simply looks at him.