Chapter 40

NOT AN EPILOGUE**

Looking at Caleb put Isaiah to bed I grin. We’ve managed to put him on a pretty good sleeping schedule and for this I am happy. It has been six months since we’ve been blessed with a beautiful son and I thank God every day for blessing me with both Caleb and Isaiah.

To say people were surprised when they found out we had a boy would be an exaggeration. After a month and a half when we could finally bring Isaiah home we were reminded of all the frilly pink things in our home. Thank goodness for receipts and exchange policies. So some things were handles properly and our son’s room looked more like a boy’s room by the end of things.

Now as I am walking around the apartment with a smile on my face as I light candles and turn on the baby monitor, I hear Caleb walk behind me.

“What’s all this?” He asks and I smile up at him as I look around to our dimmed house, with candles lit, A bottle of wine and grape juice for me since I am breast feeding still and you can gently hear a some Tank playing on the speakers with playlist I had made and look back at him.

“This is my attempt of seducing my husband and making up for the anniversary we couldn’t really do much with.” I say and then taking my husband by the hand and I sit him on the couch. “So do you think it’s going to work?” I ask playfully.

“Yeah I really think so… Do you want to turn around so I can see my sexy wife.” He says and with that, in the little nighty I am wearing I spin giving him a full view of what I’m wearing and I can tell he appreciates it. I have been working out for quite a while getting in shape for this.

I hear him mutter words of appreciation under his breath and I smirk as I sit on his lap and grab a glass of wine and give it to him and we make a toast and I take a sip of my grape juice smiling at him and he does the same.

“You know I love you right?” He asks.

“Yes I do and I love you too… In case you ever forget.”

“How could I forget that?”

“I don’t know, those random times that I come across as a bitch to you…” I say.

“So, is that what brought this on?” He asks pointing to the entire house.

“Well yeah, this is my way of apologizing for being rude and annoying during the pregnancy and even after. And I also wanted to seduce you… Show you you’re not the only romantic one in this relationship.” I say laughing softly.

“Well you’re doing very well so far.” He says and then he kisses me causing to moan a bit as I make my way to straddle him and wrap my arms around his neck. Breaking the kiss I move to kiss alongside his neck and begin unbuttoning (more like ripping his shirt off but who cares.) his shirt. Letting my hands roam on his chest I smirk as I heel him growing against me and that causes me to grind on him and he lets out a groan as he begin feeling my thighs and he lets his hands roam everywhere and I feel myself wanting more.

Caleb then grabs me and stands up with his hands just holding my ass and my legs around his waist causing me to squeal a bit in surprise and he then kisses me even more fiercely and walks to the bedroom at the same time. When Caleb walks in, I can tell he is surprised.

“What’s all this?” He asks one again as he sets me on the bed.

“Babe, you don’t think I use all this for baking… There are so many different ways we can use all this… Ii figured we can try tonight.” I say.

“Oh we will. But later. Right now, I’m making up for lost times.” And with that he gets on the bed with me and he has me saying things and doing things that I don’t think we have ever done.

That night, Caleb and I made full use of everything around us and it was beautiful. One things for sure though we need to do the groceries tomorrow.

*

*Four and a half years later…

*Caleb*

It’s a Saturday and I’m at a park with Isaiah. Do I really want to be here…? Not really. I’ve been working on something for work and so I’m just sitting on the bench finishing up.

“Daddy look at me!” I hear Isaiah say and I look up for a brief moment and say encouraging words before I look back down and calculate something that an employee messed up.

Things are going well for a few minutes until I hear someone crying. Looking up, I see Isaiah on the floor with tears streaming down his eyes. Running to him I ask him what happened.

“I fell off the monkey bars.” He says and I stand him up.

“Are you okay?” I ask.

He shakes his head, “My arm hurts.” He says and so me being me, I decide to move his arm once again causing him to cry. Well crap…

A woman a bit older than me comes towards me and decides to help as she calls the EMS and this causes me to grow a bit worried.

“Don’t worry son everything will be okay.” I say and then begin to feel worried for myself.

*

Tatianna*

I’m at the hospital working tending for some patients doing my thing with a smile on my face until I hear paramedics come and I make my way there to see who’s there as I was assigned to this to see what’s going on. When I get there I ask a paramedic what happened.

“A five year old fell off the monkey bars at the park and so we think he broke his right arm since it’s causing him a great deal of pain.”

I begin to pout as I think of this 5 year old since this makes me think of Isaiah and how I would feel if it was my little baby.

So imagine my surprise when I see my 5 year old son on a stretcher with my husband behind.

“Caleb what the hell happened?” I ask surprised and shocked as we walk and Isaiah says hi to me.

“He fell off the monkey bars and landed on his arm and started crying.”

“Were you watching him?” I ask as I look at him.

“Yeah… I was calculating something.”

I sigh and begin walking so I can examine this, “It’s all cool I’ll just see what’s wrong I guess…” I say and he nods his head.

When I walk in the room that Isaiah was placed in I put a smile on my face.

“Hey my little Saiah” (Somewhat pronounced Zeyah.) “How are you?”

“Hey mommy.” He says, “My arm really hurts and you look really silly in your suit.” He says as he looks at my scrubs and coat and laughs.

“Well thanks. I’m glad you can laugh.” Examining my son’s arm I feel him tearing up since his arm is causing him some pain.

“Alright so baby what we’re going to do is that you’re going to take few tests with mommy’s friends and then I’ll tell you what’s happening.” I say as I look in his blue eyes with a smile as he nods. “Now let’s go get daddy and tell him.” I say as I sit up and kiss his forehead.

Caleb, who is sitting outside the room looks at me as I open the door.

“Babe come in the room. Everything is okay; he’s not dead or anything. If anything he broke his arm and he’ll wear a cast. It happens to all kids.” I say.”Now come in and see your son.” I say smiling and he does just that.

When we get back in we promise Isaiah some Ice cream and anything he wants to eat if he goes through everything and gets a cast like a big boy and this causes him to jump up and say McDonald’s and I smile at this.