Chapter 45: Questions and Physics

(Y/N) POV

I was in a conundrum, I couldn't figure it out. What did I just see!? It was a totally different me but it was me. My head was wrapped around this paradox. I head something slam, causing me to turn around sharply. I saw my book on physics and theoretical physics. I opened the book to where the page that the book fell on. My eyes widen not believing it. The Chaos theory was staring back at me. I knew all too well what it was but I had no idea what to make of it. Coincidence? Probably, but I remember Gaster telling me of the multiple universes and timelines that occur. Maybe I'm overthinking this. I decided to watch TV for a while before I talk to Tai and Summer. I dropped on the couch, kicked back and relax.

TV Guy: "-fourteen confirmed dead just outside of Atlas borders into the forest. The killer has eluded the authorities for the past week and-"

I turn off the TV the moment after I turned it on, fuck the news! I was trying to get over what happened but that seems impossible right now.

???: "A-are you okay?" I turn to see Penny cowering behind the door, well more like afraid of me for obvious reasons.

(Y/N): "Yeah . . . Heh, that's a lie actually, no I'm not." She approached me slowly but then sits down near my head, looking down at me.

Penny: "I'm here if you need to talk." She says genuinely.

I didn't want to talk but I knew that keeping this to myself will drive me crazy. Maybe . . . Maybe an outside opinion will help the matter or at least calm me down a bit.

(Y/N): "I saw myself die, and it feels like there is more . . . I know it seems weird but it seemed real, I even felt an ache where the lethal wound was. Do you know what it is like to see yourself die?"

Penny: "No, I have died though. It was not a pleasant experience if that is what you mean."

(Y/N): "O-oh, right . . ." I forgot that she has and it hasn't been that long. I sigh cursing myself mentally. "Sorry."

Penny: "Oh, you have nothing to be sorry about! I'm here for you, for at least a few months."

She jokes which in turns makes me smile. That's right, I was to be her guide for the time she is here. I wonder why Atlas couldn't spare the manpower to escort her themselves, though I don't mind. I already forgave her for almost killing me.

Penny: "It's okay to be scared, even if you don't want to be." I was going to protest but she cut me off by gently lifting my head which surprised me a great deal and she moves towards me, then she gently put me down onto her lap. "Please, share to me what worries you."

She began to brush my hair with her slender fingers, it was actually quite relaxing. I felt some weight come off my chest. I close my eyes and let the feeling take over. I sighed gently as she pets me.

(Y/N): "I want to live normally now that Salem is dead, but I have a bad feeling, the worst feeling that this isn't over. What if ending one evil just a worse one in?"

Penny: "Then you don't do anything-"

(Y/N): "What do you mean!?"

Penny: "You have done enough, (Y/N). You stopped the world's greatest threat and you now are free to do what you want. Everyone knows that you stopped her, the world is in your debt."

I sighed hearing what she say. If my story ended, I would be more than happy to step aside and let humanity do it's thing, but it's like I know my last chapter isn't near. I opened my mouth but someone walks in before I could say anything.

Raven: "This place sure has changed." She looks at Penny and I and I saw a glint appear in her eye before it disappears, I felt like I was in danger. "Am I interrupting something?"

Penny: "Oh, hello! Maybe you can help!" Raven was getting the wrong idea because she smirked with a hand on her hip.

Raven: "I might know a thing or two~"

Penny: "Fantastic! He is having problems after the defeat of Salem. He feels like this isn't over for him."

Raven was very obviously disappointed. She sighs and walks to me and sits on my lap. She then proceeds to lean back on the couch and sighs. I always liked her ever since the week I spent at her place.

Raven: "Okay, well . . . I am not good at this 'giving healthy advice' thing, but I will try." She moves uncomfortably on my lap. "Don't worry about what isn't within your power or control. If it is going to happen then let it happen but prepare for it, that is the best you can do."

We looked at her without saying anything. It wasn't bad advice it was just kind of funny with how awkward she was. She was looking extremely uncomfortable and was ready to say something until someone else walks in.

Glynda: "Mr. (L/N), please . . . Raven, could you please at least act you age and Penny, General Ironwood wouldn't like you to be in this position. Mr. (L/N), come with me, please."

Raven got off of me and I got off of Penny to follow Glynda, before I left I turn to Penny and Raven with a smile.

(Y/N): "Hey, thanks . . . Seriously."

I walked out following Glynda, after a while we make it to the elevator leading up to Ozina's office, where I find Qrow, two familiar fox faunus females and a serious green haired male. The two adults were cuffed. The older fox faunus ran up to me but four guards aimed their guns at her, forcing her to stop.

Ozina: "After you ran off to, strictly against my orders, fight Salem, you come back as if I was to just accept an apology like you didn't endanger people's lives."

Qrow: "Only because you were going to leave him behind, I would never go against your orders until then!"

Ozina: "I would be more inclined to forgive you if it weren't for one thing. I would not mind that you brought Tai, Summer and Raven along with you, but you took my students into the worlds most dangerous land. You think I will let that slide like I did when you would go around beating up the school bullies? You are dead wrong Qrow, despite the end results it doesn't change the fact that you betrayed my trust."

Qrow: "You let me go there-!"

Ozina: "Yes, because you can turn into a bird and spy. And unless I missed something in their student resumes, they can't."

Wow, this arguement is really heated, it's like they have been at it since we returned. Maybe I should leave . . . Wait, did she say that he can turn into a fucking bird!? That's pretty metal, and I killed people.

(Y/N): "Why am I here?" I decided to break it, which Qrow seems to appreciate.

Ozina: "Oh, hello (Y/N). Thank you for coming. These two said that they were in Salem's group and they claim that you will vouch for them."

(Y/N): "Oh yeah, most definitely!"

Ozina: "Okay, well I would like if you explain everything to me from beginning to end, if you want me to let them go. I need to know who I'm letting go."

And just like that, I start talking.