Chapter 50: Murder

(Y/N) POV

With the help of a doctor and Jane's semblance, I might have passed out. The police took their damn sweet time in questioning me about the killer. Of course they couldn't believe a young girl to be the killer, but the piled on witnesses of seeing the battle was evident enough for them to believe it. With their blessing to get the fuck out of that boring hole I made my way to the convenience store. I, of course, was stopped by my sisters.

Ruby: "Hey! Wait wait wait!" I guess I have to now. "Where have you been? We all were worried that a White Fang member captured or killed you."

Yang: "R-Ruby!" Stoping her sister. "What have you been doing? You look exhausted . . ."

She steps up to me stroking my cheek gently. I closed my eyes feeling the relieving soft skin, rather than the splatter of wood, stone and blood. I open my eyes after a bit and grinned at her.

(Y/N): "Oh, you know!"

Yang & Ruby: "We don't."

(Y/N): "M'kay, well, I have been told to train . . . I uh . . ." I rubbed the back of my neck kind of thinking if how to say this. How do you tell someone that I was told to keep getting stronger by my biological parent who is from a different universe in which he rules and is immortal? You don't! "So this killer, she has the same power as I do."

They looked at me like I was crazy or rather, they were afraid. It has been proven that death caused by me makes me more powerful. But a young girl like that having the same power as me would be catastrophic, even I didn't go actively hunting for people. I don't know why we were at the same strengths when she obviously has killed more in such a short time. They stared through me, lost in there thoughts.

Yang: ". . . . . Do the authorities know?"

She choked out, fear dripped from her voice.

(Y/N): "It would be best if I hunt her alone. Telling the authorities will eventually lead to the public knowing, causing both a manhunt and panic. This would work in her favor. No, I must carry this burden alone, but I must carry it quickly."

Nobody's POV

(Y/N) looked at his adopted sisters with a most serious expression. His constant smile and care free attitude was replaced with a dark and heavy atmosphere.

(Y/N): "Never leave Beacon. If you do take yours and another squadron with you. Never go alone." He gets up and vanishes before their eyes. Continuing his hunt to become stronger.

Three days later
(Y/N) POV

Five days without sleep. That causes permanent damage to ones physical and mental health. Luckily, I like to use the power of bullshit and plot armor to block those ailments . . . if I was in a book. Unfortunately, I'm in the real world. I see hallucinations, all of them point to her, Chara. I see myself dying over and over and over again. My body weakens as if I was crippled. My mind is slowed as if I was intoxicated. The search for more LV has been increasingly harder, I can't find any Grimm. Animals don't offer me what I want as far as I can tell and humans . . . I can't. I sit on a tree stump and sigh, that's it, LV 50. I'm done, she is going around killing people and I can't find victims. She's being quiet about it too, there are no witnesses to her killings and no calls, because she kills them too. This world, it's kind of fucked up. I teleport to my room and see that nobody is here, so I plop on my bed and sleep.

Ruby's POV

I am so sick of this! I have to travel with my team as well as team JNPR to even go clothes shopping and even then I have to wait until they want to go out. Three days since we encountered the girl and nothing but people dying on the streets and in their own homes. I can't do this anymore! People are losing hope and are now just waiting to be slaughtered. I can't have that happen. That night, I hopped out the window with Crescent Rose in hand and went to find the killer.

An hour later

I couldn't find her. I made my presence well known with all my running and roof jumping but it doesn't seem like she has interest in me, maybe she was sleeping. I decided to take a break in an alley, rest my eyes as the cool summer air brushes against my face.

I don't know how long I was out but my eyes were a bit heavy from being closed too long. As I open my eyes I see a figure, a girl. I didn't react to her being here as I start to take in her eyes. Red, blood red eyes staring back at me with a fear inducing smile. I couldn't even move as my mind takes it's time processing that face. That was enough time for her to raise her knife and puncture my heart. I at first only gasp and grunt as the pain didn't register at first, but I knew I was stabbed. It took a few seconds to finally feel the pain. It burned, yet felt cold as the blade was stuck fast into my chest. The warmth rushed out of me quickly as I tried to scream but only pained gasps came out. I looked up at her, but I saw him instead . . . (Y/N). His face replaced hers, the first time I saw him after he ran away. That smile of knowing that he can't be stopped. The eyes of a killer . . . No! I blinked and saw a different image, him now. His smile that cared about us, he will protect us. With a strain, I smiled as I remembered how my friends and family helped him turn good, I . . . no longer have regrets, I can die happy.

. . . (Y/N), protect Yang and everyone.

Black