Chapter 3: Broken final part

(Y/N) POV

I went to my room hungry again. I only make enough food for everyone but me, it sucks but what are ya going to do.

Papyrus: "Are you really okay with this?"

(Y/N): "No, but what are you going to do?"

Papyrus: "You could run, away from this place."

(Y/N): "I would, but I can't leave her. I don't want to think of what will happen to her if I leave her to these monsters."

Papyrus: "(Y/N), brother, she doesn't love you. I hate to tell you this but her 'love' is pity."

I can't believe what I'm hearing, I refuse to listen.

(Y/N): "How would you know! I just met you today and now you know my life! She loves me and I love her!"

Papyrus: "What has she done for you?! She never skips a meal to feed you! She never tends your wounds! She . . ."

(Y/N): "SHUT UP!"

Papyrus: ". . ." He looks hurt, but I continued.

(Y/N): "She's the sweetest girl I know, she always comforts me when I need it! What about you, you can't even touch much less the things you just said! You are useless paps . . ."

Papyrus: ". . ."

(Y/N): "Paps I . . ."

Before I can say anything, Papyrus faded out of sight. I cried uncontrollably.

(Y/N): "PAPS I'M SORRY! PLEASE COME BACK! Please!"

*Crack*

Tai came storming in, he started to beat me senseless with Summer watching. I didnt care, I deserved it.

Tai: "We're trying to sleep and you pull this shit. I'm leaving you and Ruby alone tomorrow because we have a job and Yang is going to her friends. You better behave or you'll get worse than hell!"

Summer: "Seriously, you don't know how good you got it, yet you keep doing the shit your doing. When will you learn, son."

Her voice would actually be soothing if it wasn't mixed with venom. After they left I felt hurt, hate for myself. I shouldn't have yelled at Papyrus, he wasn't trying to hurt me. And yet.

(Y/N): "Paps, I will make it up to you. Just please come back."

The next morning

Ruby POV

Tai: "Okay sweetheart, we will be back in 2 hours. Keep the doors locked and open for nobody that isn't family. Also, keep that boy upstairs in his room, I don't want him ruining anything, understand young lady?"

Dad looked at me with a smile, I nodded but don't intend to keep (Y/N) in his room. They took Yang to her friends leaving me and him alone. I quickly went upstairs and unlocked the door . . .

(Y/N) POV

I heard everything, I hope Sis listens to Tai. I don't want her to get in trouble, I went to bed to take a quick nap. As soon as I went to bed, I heard the door click, and quickly got up to show that I was awake. When the door opened I saw Sis. I smiled and rush to her.

(Y/N): "Hey Sis!"

Ruby: "Hey (Y/N), want to play?" She smiled.

I was nervous, I trust her but who knows when Tai will come home.

Ruby: "Come, it's okay." She says offering her hand.

I hesitate, but I took her hand.

The first hour of us playing was wonderful. We read books, play bored games, tag. But eventually my stomach growled. I looked at the fridge. I was about to open it to get something to eat . . .

Ruby: "Please don't, he will know something is missing. I don't want him to ask questions."

I was really tempted, but my sister's safety is all that matters. Tonight is the third night, they always feed me every three nights. We went back to playing, I was having a blast until . . .

*Shatter*

Sis kicked the ball too hard and hit the sword, oh Oum. That sword was a relic of the Great war, it was priceless. I turn to see sis hyperventilating.

(Y/N): "It's okay, we can take care of this." I start to pick up the pieces. "We hide these and say they were stolen, okay?"

If Tai finds out, it'll be damn death sentence for me and Sis. I can take it but not her, no, not her. I hid the pieces in the outhouse, nobody uses it except for me. I'll bury them during dinner and we will be set.

After I hid everything, we sat in the living room for the rest of the time in complete silence. The front door opens revealing everyone. Tai, Summer, Qrow, Yang and for some odd reason Raven. When Tai saw me he was furious demanding an explanation. I gave a story of how the house was robbed but when they saw Sis they ran. She got me to protect her.

Yang: "You, protect her?!" She scoffs.

Tai "So what did they steal?!"

I pointed to where the sword use to be, and the results were expected.

Tai: "WHAT THE FUCK! I WILL FUCKING MURDER THEM, MOTHER FUCKERS!"

The plan was going as planned until Raven steps up.

Raven: "Tai, the door isn't even forced open and you have many more valuables worth stealing . . ." I look at my sis and she looked pale as a ghost. ". . . my guess is that the boy is lying."

Tai looked at me and started to march toward me until he looked at his foot. On the sole of his shoe was a broken piece of the once proud sword. If looks could kill then put me six feet under.

Tai: "What's this?" The tone of his voice was worse than he looked. Calm and steady with pure anger behind.

He was looking me, but I won't crack. I won't let him hurt Ruby. He saw this in my eyes.

(Y/N): "We were robbed, the robber must've chipped it while they were panicked." I Steel myself for a hit. But it never came.

Instead he looked at sis, who was shaking in her boots. I don't blame her. This is frightening. Everyone had different reactions. Yang and Summer were terrified, Qrow was nervous and Raven was cautious.

Tai: "Ruby the truth!"

To bad old man, she would never-

Ruby: "He did it . . ." I turn to my left to see her pointing at me.

(Y/N): "Wha-"

I didn't even see it coming, Tai was relentlessly bashing my face, stomach and torso. Bones were breaking, organs were bleeding, I was vomiting, and yet that wasn't the worst pain. After a while Qrow and Raven finally decided to intervene. They held back the pissed off Tai. Summer was holding me trying to fix my wounds. Ruby and Yang were standing over in shock.

Qrow: "Get the boy into his room-"

Before he could finish his sentence, I got up and slowly walked away to my room.

I felt something in me just . . .

Shatter