Chapter 37: Who I Am

(Y/N) POV

Wow, just wow. I was on my back sweating like crazy. I was sore as hell and tired. I layed there, thinking what to do. First, pants. After getting dressed, I went to the bars, coming up with a plan.

???: "Well, hello there son."

I jump and turn around. I was vunerable without my powers.

 I was vunerable without my powers

(W.D. Gaster's various looks)

This man was coming out a puddle of black goop. I feel like I'm screwed. Wait . . . What did he say?

(Y/N): "Did you just call me son?"

???: "Why yes I did. I am your father, W.D. Gaster. It is good to actually talk to you."

His whole getup says royalty. As he walked to me, he practically glides as he doesn't bounce with each step and his posture was close to flawless. He speaks with a tone that screams noble. As he approached me he stops in front of me, standing perfectly straight.

Father?: "Now, why don't we have a nice, private talk?"

I felt a weird slithering on my legs, then I saw myself sink. I look down to see the same black goop that he came in with. Oddly enough, it didn't freak me out. It felt . . . Familiar? I let it take me as it did the same for him. I only saw blackness, then I realize that my eyes were forced shut. I open them to reveal a dark void, just me and him.

(Y/N): "So . . . I guess there is no way to a-void this, huh?"

He just stood there with a blank stare, then cracks a smile.

Father?: "Well that would seem pretty universal to me."

He gives a smile with a wink. He may be creepy and shit, but he gets it. He goes back to his original pose and looked at me seriously.

Father?: "Now then, I have a question for you. Do you know what you are?" I didn't completely understand what he was saying, I was obviously human. "Well, you are an experiment by me. Made to be a weapon for my enemy, the one who did this to me."

I wasn't exactly shocked with what he said about me, but it still didn't hurt less. Now the next question was who was his enemy. My mind wandered for an answer, but it pointed to one person.

(Y/N): "Salem . . ."

Father: "Nope, Ozina." Okay, now I'm confused. "She has brought me pain my whole life, so I wish to return the favor. I'm not going to give you a whole book on my life, but I will tell you that I will not lie to you. So ask away."

If he wasn't lying about . . . well about not lying then I have many questions. Starting with one.

(Y/N): "Where have you been all my life?"

He had a sad smile on him. He stood there looking at me for a few minutes, which was creepy, as if he was trying to find a good answer for my question.

Father: "I was placed here once you turned two. I was deemed a disgrace to humanity, so the gods have forced me into this void. To this day I have questioned why they didn't just kill me, but that was a mistake. I cannot leave the void, or so they thought, until I learned areas where their gaze has been . . . Obscured."

(Y/N): "And what would those areas be?"

Father: "Well, to prevent the eyes falling upon her, Salem made this land barren for her to stay hidden. Thus why she doesn't leave. But, it doesn't matter if she angers me."

(Y/N): "So why don't you kill her if your so powerful? Make it easier on all of us."

He chuckled at my question, like he knew I would ask.

Father: "Because there is always someone stronger than you. Sure Salem is not a threat to even you, but a . . . More determined girl is afraid of her but not you." I was confused, as if he sensed it he spoke immediately. "She is afraid that Salem can absorb her power of  'determination' but since you can't you aren't a specific threat."

(Y/N): "How so? I can't believe that a girl is a threat to me but not to Salem." I was growing frustrated with his riddles.

Father: "I can't tell you their name, but know that they are my reason for not killing Salem. To protect you. Similar to you, they can gain power through death."

You know, it's funny. I don't know if I should be happy that he cares about me enough to put the human race second or pissed that he failed to see that I was strong enough to fight off this . . . 'Determination.'

(Y/N): "So what your saying is that I couldn't fight off whoever she was, but she can't fight Salem but I can. So . . . Rock paper scissor?"

Father: "Precisely, this girl may be small, but she knows what she is capable of, what she has and uses it well. Now the problem is that I don't know what affiliation she is, good or bad. If I knew I would have decided to kill her or not."

(Y/N): "So why not kill her now and be done with it? You are more than capable than I am."

Father: "Because she can kill me just as easily. In truth, I am merely a support for you. In time, I may have to show myself to the gods to help you. For now you must return, your kidnappers will realize your missing." Suddenly, a portal appeared before me. "Be safe, my son."

(Y/N): "Wait, I have-"

Father: "I will answer them another time, but this is the only opportunity for escape." I nod and was of through the goo to some sort of hallway. "Also, it was never Tai's fault."

I opened my mouth to offer some backlash but he closed it. To hell with Tai! Bastard will get what's coming to him soon enough.

Gaster POV

Poor boy, he doesn't understand that Tai's instant change in behavior towards him was because of an outside influence. Mine. No one knows, soon it will be revealed to him.  In truth, Tai has always loved him. But, strength comes with a price and I had to make sure it was insured. I see Papyrus next to me with his smile.

Papyrus: "He has been doing good father. Brother has been going down the right path."

Gaster: "There is no right path. Only the one he chooses. There will be a moment where he has to make a decision that will be permanent. In the end, no matter what he has my support. Go keep him company, he will need it as you always have done."

With that, Papyrus left the void for his brother. I need to think, whether or not he kills me, he will be a great influence to this world. And I will stand by him.