Chapter 52: Before Judgement Part one

Penny's POV

I didn't need to catch my breath, but I couldn't react to her attacks. I already lost most of my blades and my arm. She has a smile that scared me, despite my resolve. Before I realized it, my leg was gone. She stood over me like she finally caught her trophy.

Penny: "Why are you doing this!?" She frowns, but more out of annoyance.

Chara: "For him, Sans. He is someone I care about." I assumed she meant something else.

Penny: "I'm sorry, I don't know how he went, but that's-" She cuts me off with a kick to the stomach.

Chara: "No you fool . . ." She let's out a heavy, annoyed sigh. "Sans is the first (Y/N), before his name was changed. No need to react, he doesn't even know. I love him and everytime I do this, it's for him and him only~"

I saw the knife coming towards me, my last thought was of him. I reached her stopping the knife as I hugged her. She wasn't expecting this, unsure of what I was doing. Her hesitation was all I need as my blades came into two directions. One through me to her and the other through her to me. We both will die. Instead, I was pushed forward so lazily, no care. The blade drove through me but with one swift motion she broke it. At the same time, stopping the one behind her bare handed. She lifts it then drives it into my shoulders down to my stomach. At that moment, all I felt was emptiness. The world went dark and my one and only thought was-

Penny: "(Y/N) . . ."

(Y/N)'s POV

I should never have let my guard down. Among the ruined city, lies a broken Penny. Her eyes dull lifeless, her body torn apart and missing one too many parts. I was . . . a mix of emotions. My existence is trying to choose what to feel but I just stood there like an asshole crying with a smile. That was it. I had enough. No more hoping, I am sorry Ruby. She will die.

(Y/N): "Gaster!" The usual, I walk in and old fuck-face greets me.

Gaster: "Ah! Hello my child, how are you?" His lack of care really pissed me off. Seeing as I wasn't responding, he clears his throat to break the silence and resumes. "I take it that you needed me?"

(Y/N): "Could you at least try to care that all my friends are dead!? Like, do you even have a soul!?" He frowns at me.

Gaster: "I only care about you-"

(Y/N): "Yeah, because you cared about me before! You are a real piece of shit you know!?" He was obviously annoyed by this but kept his temper.

Gaster: "That's not fair, (Y/N). Please keep yourself calm-"

(Y/N): "FUCK YOU GASTER!!! You heartless-" I felt a sharp pain against my cheek. He just slapped me. My eye flashed but soon I felt my heart drop when I saw him. His eyes were void with a white iris spotting them.

Gaster: "Fuck me? Well let me tell you something, child. I lived over a hundred lifetimes and with each one I see you die! When a reset happens, I see you die after waiting for twenty years hoping to God that you would somehow make it! But I always see you die with the same horrified look of realization! You never had a happy ending regardless of your beginnings! Then I proceed to watch men, women and children get slaughtered for the hell of it to just come back to square one and see you die after! So don't you tell me I don't care! If I didn't, I would have given up like Ozina and let the world burn!"

I didn't speak, how could I? I never have taken it that way. He won't die of age so he just watches hoping all is well. I . . . I guess I know how he feels, that is what I have been doing this hole time, watching and hoping. We both took the time to settle down. I felt like crap.