Chapter 48: The Now

(Y/N) POV

I walked through the void, the oozing portal took me in as I marched into Gaster's territory. At the middle of my vision was the pale man himself looking back at me.

Gaster: "How can I help you son?" I decided to ignore that.

(Y/N): "What am I feeling!? There is this uncertainty in my mind. I thought that ending the White Fang would help me but it just gets worse and worse!"

Gaster's smile turned into a frown, he then sighs out of frustration. He walks up to me and leans down and looks straight into my eyes.

Gaster: "Do you . . . Believe in the theoretical physics, multidimensional theory?"

(Y/N): "It's a plausible theory but still a theory. Why?"

Gaster: "When I said I saw many dimensions, I wasn't lying. But I also saw many timelines, each different from the last. It's not a theory, (Y/N), it's real physics."

(Y/N): ". . ." I couldn't process this, if that's the case, could that be why? "What does this have to do with me?"

Gaster: "You have a feeling of something big is just getting closer and closer with each step you take, as if meeting in two points. You feel that no matter what direction you take, something bad is going to happen . . . Right?" My eyes widen in surprise, he was right. Even I couldn't describe what I was feeling and yet he just spelled it out for me. "You have had this feeling multiple times before . . . Nothing has changed . . ."

I couldn't get that last part but there was a hint of sorrow in it. I didn't know what was going on but I didn't feel comfortable about it.

(Y/N): "Okay, so what now? You make it sound like we have had this conversation many times before. So what is going on?"

Gaster: "Now . . . ? Yes, what now? Now, you kill." I flinched, I could have sworn I didn't need to anymore. "You must get stronger. It is the only way now."

(Y/N): "Seriously!? You tell me to do this, do that! Yet I have never gotten an answer when it mattered, it's always fucking riddles with you! Your own way to lie to me without lying!"

He just stood there with the same expression, again only resulting in me getting angrier. He gives a big sigh and sits on the ground.

Gaster: "Okay, okay, I'll tell you the truth of what matters. Here, I have not been placed by the God's, I came here on my own account."

(Y/N): "Why would you lie to me about that?"

Gaster: "Because that would raise more questions than answers. It wasn't intentional mind you, but when I find this place, it made me it's master. In a sense, I created it." He made no sense, but I continued to listen. "This thing with the Void is the only thing I lied about. Here, I am immune to the effects of resets and aging, so I have been alive for many years, to you I would be over tens of thousands of years old."

(Y/N): "Impossible."

Gaster: "In your world, maybe, but this is my world. I have seen every timeline that has happened to this world specifically. Every reset and every death . . ."

(Y/N): "You keep saying 'reset' like I would know what you mean. What are they?"

Gaster: "Remember the child that I talked about, they are already acting, earlier than I anticipated. It seems that this time their intentions are not good. They have one goal in mind and it never seems to change regardless of how I make the world."

He is still not making sense, I turn around and was about to leave, then I realized that I can't. Damn you Void!

(Y/N): "Could you let me out- Actually, I know this sounds crazy but do you know what happened to Papyrus?"

Gaster: "Ah, yes. The imaginary brother. Yes, from my understanding, he only appears when you need him. Then when you don't, you just . . . I guess you forget about him. There us no real logic behind his appearance. Only you and I can see him it seems."

(Y/N): "I-" Now that i think about it, it does seem that way. I wasn't going to question the fact that he could see it. If anything I wouldn't be surprised if he was the reason he existed. "Okay, what do I do now? Kill, you said? Give me a reason, a good one, of why I should do that."

Gaster: "Because she will kill the world, then do it all over again and again until you finally heed my warning."

(Y/N): "That's . . . a pretty good reason . . ." I left it there with silence, but we both were thinking the same thing. What now? "I'm leaving, I will take your words into consideration."

Gaster: "Here, I will help you." He summons a large portal behind me. "Remember, sacrifices have to be made for you to survive in this world. We both know that more than anyone."

Without another word, I step through the portal, he placed me near a small village, isolated from the world. It seemed happy and satisfied for being so few. I knew why I was here, LV. I could do it, just one Blaster and nobody would know the difference . . . I could, why shouldn't I . . . ? I head down towards the village, my mind heavy with the decision. Maybe . . . maybe there is another way.