Chapter 22: For the Strong

Raven POV

I'm glad I got a second chance. Once I learned that the child ran away from Tai's house, I thought my chances of redemption were gone. I was going to take him and raise him myself. To think that the child became this man still amazes me.

Raven: "*Cough*"

I spat out some blood. The clan challenged (Y/N) to a fight, I decided to test his skill in combat so I entered as well. It has been two days since he came here, during the time he has been telling us his stories. The one where Atlas sent an army to apprehend him was my favorite. The clan was down, I was the last one left standing. I could've used my maiden powers, but if what said about his battle with Cinder rang true, I would still lose. (Y/N) was standing over me with a grin.

(Y/N): "Come now, Raven. Is that all the clan leader's got?"

I smirked, I'm proud to call him my nephew. Now I just need his forgiveness.

(Y/N) POV

Man that was boring! Not Raven, she is holding up pretty well. Her men on the other hand got hit with a Gaster Blaster once and they go down like flies. That woman, uh what's her name? Oh yes, Vernal. She was guarding the gate so I don't know about her. Raven, I can tell, was on her last legs. What to do, what to do? I know. I raised my hands towards Raven, who clumsily readied herself. I used my telekinesis to grab her and pull her into me. I then hug her so that that her arms are tucked into her side's. I then surround her with bones ready to impale. She looked around for possible escape, but it is futile. I put my face close enough to hers to feel each other's breathe. She was blushing hard.

(Y/N): "You yield?"

Raven: ". . . Yes . . ."

I saw her face getting closer, and her red eyes began to slowly close. So she wants to kiss me, aye? I might indulge her, maybe.

Vernal: "Hey boss, are . . . you . . . okay . . .?"

She stood there like an idiot, receiving a glare from Raven.

Raven POV

I walked to my tent alone.

Raven: "I. Was. So. God. Damn. Close. Fuck you Vernal."

My head goes blank. Wait, did I just try to kiss him?! Fuck me! I can't believe it! I just tried to kiss him. I want his forgiveness and yet here I am about to force myself on him.
Raven: "UUGGHHHH!"

(Y/N) POV

I can hear Raven throwing a temper tantrum. How childish, it makes me laugh. When Vernal interuppted Raven's moment, Raven looked like she was going to murder her. Instead she marched to her tent, furious.

Vernal: "Were you two going to make out?"

(Y/N): "Heh, she was going to kiss me but your entrance made her a little tongue-tied."

*Groan*

(Y/N): "So was there something that you need?"

Vernal: "No, the area went silent so I went to check up on everyone. In all honesty, I didn't think you would win."

(Y/N): "Why? Cause I'm scrawny?"

I lifted my shirt and let my tongue shamelessly fall out of my mouth. Vernal took a couple seconds to look, appreciating my features.

Vernal: "Very nice!"

I could have sworn I saw Raven peeking with a nose bleed, but what would I know?

Three days later

The whole camp seems to like me. Yesterday I joined them on an ambush on a caravan. It went pretty well, the caravan died, so no witnesses and the camp had received quite the bounty. I know that everyone either respected or feared me. After all, this group is only for the strong, and I'm the strongest. I see Vernal approach.