Chapter 46: Peace

??? POV

Oh man, I don't know what it is but Atlas' security is so much more garbage than last time. I managed to kill a satisfactory amount of people before they discovered that they were missing. I went back and forth with myself if I wanted to kill everyone one in the major cities or just enough to match Sans level . . . Or maybe even make myself below it! I shuddered just thinking of him beating me over and over and over and over and overandoverandoverandoverandover and THEN, I finally kill him. He was the only thing I look forward to these days. Every reset and save spawn I think about him and how he was so strong! And now, he is finally killing people, becoming stronger!

I don't know what to do but I do know that I wanna see him again. I began to walk towards Atlas and pulled out my knife. I need to get more LV.

(Y/N) POV

I sneezed midway of the story afterwards feeling a shiver crawling on my back, weird. After I was done explaining the whole thing, Ozina was willing to give Hulí and Venti a second chance. They both took the opportunity for a fresh start in menagerie. Venti nods and decides to just leave as him and the fox woman have a telepathic conversation. She pulled me to the side with a big smile.

Hulí: "I just wanted to say thank you for everything that you have done . . ." She leans in and gives me a big kiss showing her appreciation. Every female in the room was steaming with concealed anger. "I would stay, but I want my daughter to grow up somewhere that is safe and where she can be happy. Especially now that the white fang is the only threat of today, it would be best that she stays away from it."

(Y/N): "I understand, be safe and make sure you raise her with lots of love and care."

Hulí: "Oh, I will! Be safe, and if you ever visit the island then you are more than welcome to my home~"

With that, she leaves. I thought it was all over but Qrow seemed to have more to talk about.

Qrow: "Valerye, was she there!? Where is she!?"

Ozina stayed silent, any anger she had moments ago had left, replaced with a mixture of discomfort and sympathy.

Ozina: "She is dead, Qrow." At that moment, he went limp. Shoulders slumped and arms hanging, he looked more than depressed. Broken. "I'm sorry, she had the same wound as Salem, she was found far away from her castle, probably fleeing from the battle since she isn't combat oriented."

Qrow just spaced out, not listening to anyone. He looked at me before turning into a crow and flying out the window. We all stood there, the youngest were confused while the adults (except for Raven) were all looking at him with sympathy. I had to be the one who broke the silence.

(Y/N): "Yo-okay, what in the actual hell was that?"

Raven: "Valerye is . . . Was Qrows daughter. You must have seen her, glasses, smart looking girl with black hair and red eyes?"

Then I remembered, despite it being kind of vague, Salems Fortress was kind of secluded so I was able to put two-and-two together. Honestly, I did feel kind of bad but she was with Salem, how good could she be.

Ozina: "Well, I was going to give this to him but he left quickly. I was hoping you would give it to him."

(Y/N): "Why not give it to someone that is close to him?"

Ozina: "That's why I am giving it to you, it may not seem like it, but finding you brought some kind of peace to him. He was completely different from before we found you in the abandoned city, depressed, hopeless and drinking his problems away though that is normal, but more so than usual. Please, I think he needs someone like you. If not, then I will go instead."

I thought about it for a while, I thought this would be a waste of time and he should suck it up. I didn't know why I thought that but after giving it some thought I remembered my childhood, he never helped me. So why should I?

Raven: "I usually wouldn't stick up for him, but he needs you (Y/N). You need to do what is best for yourself, and I think that this could help you both. You need closure." She cuts the air and rips open a portal. "Your call, nobody will blame you."

I took a deep breath and walked into the portal, because she wasn't wrong, we both need each other right now. Walking through the portal, I saw Qrow in my room, sitting in the couch drinking whiskey from the bottle. He doesn't even look at me.

Qrow: "I thought Ozina was going to walk through it, but you were my second guess." He turns around and sees me, when he does he chokes on his drink and coughs like he was dying. "Shit, I thought it was Raven!"

I gave a smile like usual but this time I tried to be sympathetic.

(Y/N): "Here, I was told to give this to you." I pulled out an envelope with Qrows name on it in cute writing. He stares at it like he was expecting it to do a magic.

Qrow: "What is it?"

(Y/N): "I believe in some countries it is called an envelope." This makes him smile. "But what is inside is for you to find out."

He takes the envelope from me and pulls out a piece of paper. He looks at it curiously for a moment but his eyes begin to widen. Tears soon followed as he began to cry, trying to not show it. He stopped reading from what I was assuming that he was finished. He puts the paper down gently as if it was delicate and cried in his arms. I sat next to him and waited for him to be done. After a while, he stops and wipes his eyes. I thought he was sad and was going to be dramatic, but when I saw him, he smiled . . . And it was bittersweet. He grabs his flask and a cup from my cabinet and poured whiskey into it.

Qrow: "You a light weight, (Y/N)?" He passes me the shot worth of whiskey and I grab it. With a smile, I responded.

(Y/N): "Only when it matters."

Qrow: "Well, tell me your time alone. You gave me the general idea of what happened. But any good stories?"

I took a sip and shuddered from the kick. I felt good, I don't know what it is, but I think uts Qrows renewed hope.

(Y/N): "I remembered this merchant who, I shit you not-"

Nobody's POV

Father, it's me, Val. I'm probably dead, and in all honesty I am okay with that. Regardless of what you might be feeling I had one person on my mind, you. I knew you were angry with me when I took Salem's hand, but you are still alive and that made me happy enough. She kept her side of the deal all the way to when I am writing this. I was fourteen and mom was dead, you were all I had. Ever since he left uncle Tai and Aunt Summer's house, you were especially depressed. I kept my eye on you giving you clues that I was alive in hope's that you will stay strong. Now that I see you with my cousin, I know that you will be okay, even without me. Once my usefulness to Salem is over she will probably dispose of me. When that happens, I know that you will do what is best, make amends and live your life trying to help him. I love you dad, don't forget that.
     -Love, Valerye