Chapter 5: I'm sorry part 2

Qrow POV

I failed to get through the kid, he didn't budge and that smile on his face wasn't natural. I left the pasta and the box on the floor next to him before left and I made sure to keep his door unlocked. I made my way downstairs and I saw Tai and Summer in the living room. Summer sniffling and Tai with his face buried in his hands. Enough is enough. When I reached the bottom, they both look at me.

Qrow: "I'm coming back tomorrow morning to pick up the kid and bringing him Ozina. From there she will find a new family to care of him. I will ask her to keep this a secret, I don't want Ruby and Yang to get targeted for this."

They both start crying at this. I make my way towards the door out when I hear . . .

Summer: "Is there anything we can do to change your mind? I will treat him like he is my own from now on, just don't take him."

Qrow: "No . . ." I said with no hesitation.

Tai: "Please Qrow, give us a second chance. I'll-"

I tried to keep myself calm for what I said next.

Qrow: "The only reason I didn't interfere for the past 6 years is because at first I didn't know. When I brought him to you 10 years ago after I find him in the destroyed village, I thought you were the perfect family for him. But I was wrong. When I found out 3 years ago I had to find my Val, so I needed you. But that was stupid of me, I could've just relied on Ozina to find her but I was desperate." My voice starts to crack so I take a swig from my flask. "I know he's not blood but that doesn't matter. He not only needed you but the fact is that his aura was weak, he mind as well not have one. I would tell you to help him pack, but . . . you know." I start walking away from the pale couple, but I had one thing left to say. "Oh and if he so much as has a splinter, no force on Remnant will stop me from killing you."

With that I left.

(Y/N) POV

My body still hurts and I'm hungry, minutes after Qrow left I took the plate and began consume the contents. I look up at Papyrus who seems happy.

Papyrus: "So we are leaving tonight?!"

I nodded after I ate I notice a box with a note on it. I read the note. . .

Hey kid,

I got you a little something last week, I was planning on giving it to you as a suprise but . . . things happened. I'm sorry for what happened, I should've done something. Well, I hope it fits.

Sincerely,
Uncle Qrow

I toss the note and opened the box. Inside the box was a (color) t-shirt, a pair of socks, shorts (or pants, minor detail), hiking boots, and finally a (f/c) hoodie.

 Inside the box was a (color) t-shirt, a pair of socks, shorts (or pants, minor detail), hiking boots, and finally a (f/c) hoodie

It all was very loose, but I guess maybe he intends for me to grow into them. I was touch, not enough to forgive but I am thankful. Still doesn't change plans.

Papyrus: "Perfect, now you can stay warm!"

(Y/N): "Yes, but let's not get a-hood of ourselves 😃!"

Papyrus: "(Y/N)😠!"

(Y/N): "Oh come on Papyrus, I know your fleece to see me!"

Papyrus: "NYEEEH!" His head suddenly turns to the door. "Someone's coming."

I sit on my bed with my back to the door. It opens. The voice makes me lose my very new smile.

Ruby: "Y-y-you o-okay?"

I felt her approach me. I refuse to look at her, much less talk to her. She gently grabbed my shoulder and instinctively shrugged it off. Then I realize that she was going to hug, so I got up quickly to dodge the hug. I turn so my side was barely towards her. I notice that she has been crying quite a bit, I also happened to notice Yang at the door as well with a similar face.

Ruby: "Please (Y/N), we're sorry, all of us are sorry. Please look at me."

I complied, but not the way she wanted. I smiled at her with this newfound smile and stared at her with the corner of my eye. I was smiling at the thought of this being the final time I had to see this family. She looked up at me with fear, like I was some kind of nightmare.

Ruby: "Y-y-y-your e-eyes!" She struggled to get the words.

I was curious of what she was talking about, so I made my way towards the bathroom and looked at the mirror.

My right iris was red with the left eye having my (e/c) eye color on the center with red on the outer iris. I took a long time looking at my new eyes. Papyrus was also looking at them with a smile.

Papyrus: "They . . . they are-"

(Y/N): "Beautiful . . . heh . . . haha . . . HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA."

I couldn't stop laughing, what a trip. One day, two hours, three big fucking change. My smile, my clothes, my eyes, I couldn't believe it, I couldn't recognize the boy in front of me. I looked at the girls who have unbelievably hilarious expressions on their faces.

(Y/N): "Heh heh, what's wrong? Don't like the way I look? I don't see a problem with it. If you do, I guess you'll have to keep on eye on me. If not, welp iris my case. Ha ha . . . HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Time skip to midnight

Surprisingly, my door was unlocked, I proceeded down the steps until . . .

???: "(Y/N)?"

I slowly turn to see who it is and it was a very sleepy but sad Ruby. She was looking right at me. Then I hear a door open, I knew who it was, the only other guy in the house.

Tai: "Sweety, is something wrong?"

Ruby hesitated, she was thinking of what to say. Welp, she better not tell him.

Ruby: "Nothing dad, just wanted to get a drink."

Phew

Tai: "Oh, want me to come with you?" She shook her head. "Okay, well can you check on your brother for me?"

I almost threw up when he said that, it must have shown on my face cause Ruby looked hurt. She nodded and proceeded to "check" on me. She then nodded to Tai who nodded back and went back to sleep. I went downstairs and opened the fridge to get some food for me to eat. I grabbed a loaf of broad and two bottles of water, one for now and one for later. I eat the food with Ruby looking at me from the kitchen door.

Ruby: "Are you leaving?" I continue to eat. "We can be better, I promise" I hear her, but I don't care. "Please . . . *Hic* I don't want you to *Hic* leave."

I walked to the door, dammit, it was raining. I started to go out there with my hood up.

I never looked back.