Chapter 23: These last few days

(Y/N) POV

Last day

I woke up next to Vernal, as expected. We had a two night stand last night. Though this time Vernal didn't even bother to keep it down. I got out of bed and put on my clothes. As I walk outside I see every bandit smirking. They all knew what happened, they said that Vernal was loud enough to wake up the closest town. I was smiling and laughing with the gang. Then we saw Vernal trying to sneak away from us.

(Y/N): "What is the hurry, Vernal. Me and the guys were talking about last night."

She ran up to me and jumped on me.

Vernal: "You motherfucker!"

(Y/N): "Wow, look guys she is performing last night's events!"

They all burst out laughing with Vernal grabbing my collar and shaking me back and forth. We hear footsteps and all look in the same direction. Raven looked exhausted with a cup of tea in her hands. Vernal and I got up. I walked over to Raven genuinely worried.

(Y/N): "Hey, are you okay?"

She snaps at me.

Raven: "Oh, I'm just dandy! I stayed up all night just to hear you two fuck each other!"

She stormed off into her tent. Even though that was uncalled for, I still felt bad. I wasn't the only one to ask her but I was the one whom she snapped at. Did I do something wrong?

Raven POV

Oh, fuck me! I did it! I ruined whatever bond we had because of my jealousy. I couldn't do anything but sit there in self-pity.

Vernal: "Boss? Are you okay?"

I was about to snap at her too, but I think me losing one family member is enough.

Raven: "*Sigh* yes, I'm fine Vernal . . ."

Vernal: "No your not. You yell at (Y/N), who you are trying to earn his forgiveness. And the look you gave me, the person who has and always will be loyal to you, was like you were going to kill me. I wanna know what is happening."

I just sat there, I know I can trust her but I'm still not ready to tell anyone.

Vernal: "If you keep bottling up these emotions, then today won't be the last. Talk to me."

Raven: "*Sigh* . . . My own nephew, I want him. Not as family but as a partner. When I heard you two in your tent I couldn't help but feel pissed, yet I still . . . still masturbated next to the tent. I-I want him so bad and yet I feel like he hates me for what happened back then. Am I wrong to love family like that?"

Vernal: ". . . He's adopted right?"

Raven: "VERNAL!"

Vernal: "Alright alright, seems you won't let that fact go. Then just admit your feelings to him today."

Raven: "I don't know . . ."

Vernal: "The worst that will happen is that he doesn't return your feelings, or he kills you but that is besides the point. You are going to kill yourself with this."

Bandit: "Erm, Boss. (Y/N) Just packed all his stuff and left."

Raven & Vernal: "WHAT!?"

(Y/N) POV

I knew the problem was me so I left. Raven had to be stressed out, I can't add onto her problems. As I was walking out of sight from the camp, I heard howling. I run towards the sound to find 30 or more Beowulfs and Ursa charging at the camp. Not if I can help it. I summoned a wall of bones in a way that all the Grimm have no chance but to face me. They notice me and charged. Seriously, why do they always charge? I collapse the wall so it would fall on the Grimm. I then summon a Gaster Blaster to fire at the approaching hoard. Only a few left. I shot all but one Grimm whom I kneecapped with a bone. With what little life it had left, it grabbed my ankle.

Papyrus: "Tsk,  first Raven and now this."

(Y/N): "Paps, I love you but don't talk about Raven right now."

I hear trees crashing behind me, I turn to see a deathstalker charging at me. I smiled and teleport . . . Why can't I teleport?! I look down to see the half-dead Beowulf gripping my leg. I quickly kill it and it soon turned to dust. But it doesn't matter, the deathstalkers stinger was only an inch from my chest.

*SSHHNNNKK*

The Grimm screeches as its tail was cut off. I see Raven sheathing her blade, but let's focus on the current problem. I looked at the pained deathstalker and decided to put it out of its misery. I summoned enough bones that after being impaled the creature looked like an effigy. After the Grimm turned to dust, I turn to see a very sad Raven.

(Y/N): ". . ."

Raven: ". . ."

(Y/N) & Raven: "Hey, I . . . I wanted . . . You go ah- . . ."

After that last stop, Raven covered my mouth.

Raven: "Look, I just . . . Wanted to say that I'm sorry. I shouldn't have snapped at you and-!"

As she removed her hand I covered her mouth with mine.

(Y/N): "Raven, I never seen you like that. If you need to talk to someone and Vernal is or isn't an option than I'm all ears, just please talk to me next time, okay?"

She nods, she looks around the forest to make sure nobody is around. After confirming she starts crying. I was taken aback by this, Raven is the type of woman to never let others see her get emotional and yet her she is crying.

Raven: "(Y/N), I am soo sorry. I have been terrible to you your whole life. I just . . . I just want you to forgive me, love me."

(Y/N): "I know Raven."

Raven: "No, not like an aunt, like how you love-"

I put my finger on her lips.

(Y/N): "I know birdie."

I lean forward and gave her a nice big kiss. Wow, she must've been hungry for me for a while. Should've known when I saw her in raven form spying on me bathing. I broke the kiss only for her to tackle me to the ground . . .