Chapter 51: LOVE is just an acronym

Morning
(Y/N) POV

I woke up with a yawn and scratch my long hair. I really needed a haircut. I got up and of course being out in the woods for almost a week I take care of my hygienic needs, shower and teeth . . . I really should get some new clothes. As I was walking out of the steaming bathroom, I look outside to see a familiar group of students and adults gathered outside, I didn't know what was happening but it felt off. No cheer or laughter, only the sound of silence. I teleport outside and watch from a distance. I didn't know what to make of it but I have enough common sense to know that my presence isn't really welcomed. From the shade of a tree, I hid.

After an hour I realized that this was a funeral. I was clueless, I didn't care. That was regretful as I began to piece it together. My heart pounds with worry and my eyes glued hoping for a sign of it not being her. My fears were confirmed when I saw Tai and Summer ran to the crowd crying. I ran with them to the crowd to see Ruby on the ground being surrounded by authorities. They were looking to see for the usual. Cause of death, evidence, ect. I didn't care, I felt a feeling I have long forgotten. Hate.

Two hours later

I moped about in my room as the feeling didn't even lessen, in fact it grew more and more. Spite and hatred with a side of extremely violent thoughts. The door opens, I see Penny with wide eyes looking at me which softens as she realize that it's me.

Penny: "I want to talk to you . . . please, would you listen to me?" She takes my hand and leads me to the bed, we both sit down and just look at each other as I wait for her to say something. "I know you were watching. I am so sorry, (Y/N). Please calm down, you have been squeezing my hand this whole time."

I didn't realize how tightly I was gripping her hand, she knew that I was taking this hard but she didn't need to deal with this. With me.

(Y/N): "Sorry . . . I just need time alone . . . I need to do something."

Penny: "Please don't put yourself in danger. We all care about you and we can't see you suffer . . . She died quickly, you know?"

I get up and I look out the window, I Ruby now that the group has cleared up. Only family is looking after her and now that I see her, my eyes wander to where her cape was, it's missing. I teleport to where the crime took place, it took a while but I managed to find the taped off area. I saw her cape and scythe lying there in blood. Without alarming anyone, I teleport to her cape and I took it in my hands. This unyielding rage flowed into me. I turn around and i saw the authorities standing there keeping people away from the scene. It would be so easy, to just kill him. There's no other way, I could just run him through with a bone and it would be over with. She is getting more and more dangerous, to protect those I love I must be much more dangerous. I raised my hand and readied my Gaster Blaster to kill-

*Sniff*

I froze, the gentle yet recognizable scent of Ruby. I didn't even realize how close her cape was to my cheek. Honestly, I almost cried but I held on and went back to the forest. I can't kill people, I made a promise. I fell to the ground, crying my heart out in grief.

Yang's POV

I will never forget them, and I will never, ever forgive them. I was ordered into a cell knowing my temper but they took away my weapons and ammo. But, they were so sure that my anger would've clouded my mind and didn't find the one bullet I hid in my boot. I had one shot at this.

Five hours later
(Y/N)'s POV

I couldn't find any Grimm. Their kind within a month were already considered endangered and as of today, extinct. Meaning, no more LV as of today. The forests were flourishing around me as the rampaging of the dark creatures cease, allowing nature to grow. I was defeated. I will not be able to beat her, not like this. I still had Ruby's red cape in hand and I knew that I was being selfish but I rip just enough to make it into a little red scarf. I wrapped it around my neck, feeling some form of comfort to my sanity. That was when I received a text from Raven. Yang was also killed. From how the text was made out she was destroyed. Raven that is. I made it to her camp bloody and holding her daughter. It turns out that Vernal sent me the text, I should've figured.

Vernal: "Wait . . . She hasn't done anything for the last few hours."

I just shoved her out of the way and saw two dead bandits, or to her, her men, without their heads. I knew what happened. I approached her sympathetically and touched her arm, which was responded with the very same sword she killed the two with. I knew it was coming. I grabbed her via telekinesis and pushed her against the wall. She screamed and shouted as I approached and tried my best to pry the sword out of her hands. She had a look that she realized what she was doing and to whom. But the anger remained. I release her and she instantly tackled me to the ground. Punch after punch, but despite her best efforts I was hardly in the mood to fight. I just took it.

Raven: "WHERE WERE YOU WHEN SHE WAS KILLED!? WHY DIDN'T YOU KILL THE BITCH, HUH!? YOU WERE NEVER THERE FOR HER AND NOW SHE IS DEAD!! AND NOW SHE WILL HATE YOU FOREVER!" The punches were getting softer and much less frequent. "Why did she die?" That's when the tears came in. Pattering my face as she sat on me. I pulled her in for a hug.

(Y/N): "You no longer have a chance to be with Yang, I get that. But now, you can avenge her, with me." She just cried though, and I held onto her. Looking to my right, I see Yang staring at me. I close my eyes.

Two weeks later

And it only got worse. Death now was just whether you accepted it or not, because people of Vale dropped from 20,000 to 300. The number was dropping rapidly still. People are hidden in the underground of Beacon while those who fight are just as afraid guarding the weak. Most of my friends are dead. Blake, Nora, Weiss, Rei, Jane, etcetera etcetera. I stopped paying attention in all honesty, it hurt less that way. Summer died last night and Raven died fighting the murderer. Qrow has been missing presumed dead. It felt weird, being alone again. Despite my years in solitude I have always felt like that was a gift. Maybe because this is isolation rather than solitude. Deep in my thoughts I hardly heard the door open. My head turns to find Tai standing there with a dead look. He walks to me and sits on the couch looking away from me.

Tai: "I'm a terrible father . . . I know that. And realizing that makes me want to make amends." Still without looking at me. "Kill me, and end this. I wish to help but I no longer have any will to continue. You are the last one and you hate me, so use my death."

I got up right away and opened the door to walk myself out. Before I did I turned to Tai, who stared back at me.

(Y/N): "We both have suffered enough. Just stay alive and you can buy me something to drink." He gives a short chuckle. I owe Ruby and Yang this much.

Tai: "Aren't you a year underage?"

(Y/N): "Yeah, but I don't think it matters."

I heard him respond with 'true.' I left and decided to go for a walk in the forest. I saw Penny by the tree that I planted, weird since I thought she died but my mind is a mess. I am just happy that she is alive.

(Y/N): "Hey . . ." The look she gave me was worrying.

Penny: "I figured it out, she isn't killing randomly. She targets those who are close to you." That I figured out but I couldn't tell them. This would just make them worried and I couldn't do anything to stop her. "I'm next."

(Y/N): ". . . I'm sorry. This . . . I shouldn't have been so weak."

Penny gets up and gives me a hug. I don't know if it was the sudden rain, probably was, but I like to think she managed to get those tears in. Proving that she was more human than others thought.

Penny: "I wanted to do things and experience feelings. I just can't now knowing that I am next." I wanted to deny it but she knew that she was going to be cut up again with nothing to stop Chara. "I just want to do one thing, if its it's alright with you."

She looks up at me with pleading eyes. There is little chemistry between us but I realized she wasn't asking for love, but rather me. Knowing my answer she leaned up and kissed me gently, I return it with my arms around her. She falls backwards, taking me with her. The rain scattered on the leaves onto us as the tree protected.