Chapter 36: Formalities

(Y/N) POV

The little fox was staring at me with a blank face. She didn't seem scared or happy, just neutral. After awhile, she tilts her head to me.

Fox girl: "Um, hello? Are you a bad guy?"

I shouldn't lie, so how do I approach this.

(Y/N): "In a sense, not to you but I am to others. To make it easier, I hurt bad people who want to hurt me or my friends."

Fox girl: "Like Tyrian?"

I chuckled, that coke addict must have terrorized this poor girl. I'll get him later.

(Y/N): "Yep, like him. So what's your name?"

The girl was shy. She frowned.

Fox girl: "Mommy said don't talk to strangers."

(Y/N): "Smart mom you have there. Who is she?"

Fox girl: "Húlí, she is the best mommy."

My brain went into a haze. I remembered how Summer use to lock me in my room. I was pissed, how could she lock her own daughter in a cell?! When my mind went back to reality to find the girl looking worried.

Fox girl: "Are you okay? You looked upset."

(Y/N): "Yeah, just bad memories. That's all."

The girl looked at me with concern. She went to her drawer and pulled out a tin. She took out a cookie.

Fox girl: "These make me feel better. Have one."

I was going to decline but she tossed me one before I could. I caught it, my heart skipped a beat. I wanted to dip this girl in my coffee with how sweet she was. I smiled.

(Y/N): "Thanks a lot, kid!" I took a bite of my cookie, it was fucking good. "My name is (Y/N), (Y/N) the skeleton."

The girl smiled at me. My nose bled from the cuteness.

Fox girl: "Vulpes is my name! Pleased to meet you Mr. Skeleton."

Oh, the cuteness is real! I smiled widely.

(Y/N): "'tis a pleasure to meet you as well, Vulpes."

I was going to teleport into her cell, but couldn't. There was a bit of static in the walls that transfer to my body. It didn't hurt but wasn't very comfortable. I backed away and tried to use my other abilities, same result.

(Y/N): "Huh, weird. Why can't I use my abilities?"

???: "It is because Salem doesn't allow it."

I turn to see Cinder. She has a seductive and predatory smile on her face.

(Y/N): "So hot stuff, whatcha need?"

Cinder: "Put these on."

She threw handcuffs my way. I caught them and wiggled my eyebrows at her. This gives her a slight blush and a bigger smile. I put them on as ordered.

(Y/N): "So, now what?"

She opens the cell door. I follow her out. I trained the places interior into my mind. Trying to remember what leads to where. I follow her into what seems to be another cell block in a sense.

Cinder: "Welcome to my dungeon. This is where I keep my favorites."

She gave me a smile that set my nether region on fire. Meow.

(Y/N): "So, whose dungeon did that place behind me belong to?"

Cinder sighed.

Cinder: "That would be Salems. Besides her, I am the only one with a dungeon."

(Y/N): "Hmm, I see. So, is it like a kink dungeon or is it a legit one. I'm fine with both just warn me and give me a safe word."

Cinder laughed really hard.

Cinder: "Hahaha, I will keep that in mind. The mistress herself allowed me to take you into my custody."

As much as he wanted to be in her custody.

(Y/N): "No offense, but could I go back to my old cell, please?" She looked at me with a more confused than hurt expression. "I want to be across from Vulpes."

Cinder laughed with a genuine one. I stared at her with a smile and a raised eyebrow.

Cinder: "Sorry, I'm sorry. It is just that I did not think of you as the type to have a soft spot for children."

(Y/N): "What type did you take me for?"

Cinder: "In all honesty, I took you as a complete sociopath. In your old life you never seemed to care about who you killed."

(Y/N): "Well, you would be right, but children were-" Should I really give her the ammo?

Cinder: "Trust me (Y/N), I will keep your little humanity a secret."

I know that I shouldn't but I wanted to trust her and her only. But I couldn't.

(Y/N): "Here is the story, I don't like hurting people with families. I used to be hit, isolated and starved during my childhood. I don't want to ruin a child. I also don't want some kid wondering why mommy or daddy didn't come home then find out, track me ten years later and claim revenge, then I have to kill them then the cycle repeats or ends." Cinder nods. "So can I have these cuffs off?"

She gives a loud laugh. She locks the door behind her and starts to strut towards me.

Cinder: "I would, but that would just ruin the fun." She grabs my chain, lifts it and uses her sword as a hanger for me. Wait, where did she keep the sword??? Questions for later. "Now, let us begin."