Chapter 44: The Killer

Summer's POV

I didn't know what was going on, we snuck in but what was odd was that the Grimm were all gone, but we were still careful. Now I am standing here with my weapon drawn but still nothing, despite being alone. I am worried about the others.

Qrow's POV

We were all in shock, we never thought . . . how? Salem, her body laid emotionless, we knew she was dead as the unmistakable cut gashed across her torso. Whoever did this was strong, being able to kill her in one swing. It didn't look like (Y/N)'s handiwork and it looks more like a blade than a blunt bone.

Tai: "Is this (Y/N)'s doing?"

Qrow: "Maybe, but I highly doubt it. He uses special bones that pierce enemies like a spear but when swung is like a bat. The wound is too deep and wide for a shank so unless he has taken up knives this wouldn't make much sense."

Then there was a roar, a Grimm one. We all turned weapons prepared but again were shocked to see two Beowulfs fighting each other. This hasn't happened before. Before we even know it, the whole area is full of Grimm tearing each other apart, it was like a war and Salem was the bond that held it all together. Everything around us was chaos and we were just being ignored like we don't matter.

Nora: "Okayyyy, so if Grimm are killing Grimm now, what are we killing?" I was the first to put my weapon away, followed by Tai.

Qrow: "Nothing . . ." Nora was almost disappointed, pouting with slumped shoulders. "it doesn't seem like they care about us. They see us but want nothing to do with us."

Yang: "Fine with me, Salem dead, the others are out cold and the Grimm no longer want us. This makes things a whole lot easier."

Rei: "The real predicament is who killed Salem, if not (Y/N)?"

Raven: "I doubt there isn't a person in this world who knows of Salem and wouldn't take the opportunity. They saw her down and they decided that this was enough."

Raven wasn't wrong, but she seems to have forgotten the fact that the Grimm were swarming the area and that this land was desolate and void of joy. Anyone who could come here is either dead or has the ability to sneak in and out.

Penny: "An even better question, where is (Y/N)?"

At that moment we all began to look around for him. We knew that he managed to escape but we didn't see him on the way here. He could be anywhere at this point. That is until we saw a hole in the sky . . .

(Y/N) POV

I was falling, even though I am sure that it was only a few seconds it felt like minutes. I was exhausted, my only thoughts were just to take a long nap and forget that the day ever happened. I wanted a bit of peace. I was falling, I opened my eyes to see the clouds getting further and further very quickly. I didn't even register it, I just let the wind ride through my loose clothes and just clothes my eyes. This whole time I was thinking of puns to just kill the time before my seemingly inevitable death. In all honesty it was difficult to think of falling puns.

(Y/N): "They told me to reach for the stars, so close. Hmmm, help, I am falling and I can't get down. Man, this is something, they just seem to fall in place. Look at the upsides, it can't get any further down bedrock, oh wait, I'm about to hit it."

The ground felt like it was getting closer. I could feel myself getting there, it was weird like a sixth sense. That was until I felt something catch me, slowing down the falling. When I no longer feel gravity forcing me down I open my eyes to see myself surrounded by people I know.

(Y/N): "Wow, thanks guys, I hope we can get all caught up soon." They weren't laughing. This made me frown for a split second but I adjusted. "What's wrong? I can't help you guys if you don't pick up the slack!" I wiggled my eyebrows, but yet again no reaction. "Okay, what's up? But seriously, what is going on?"