Chapter 42: Rescue

Fifteen minutes after (Y/N) abduction

Penny's POV

I tried my best to explain the situation of what just happened to (Y/N), they all listened to every word. Ozina stood up and looked at the others then back to me.

Ozina: "I thank you for telling us what happened on such short notice, but we can't spare the man power to fight off Salem."

Penny: "B-but, we have to save him! He is our friend and team member, we can't just leave him like that and do nothing!" Yang stands up furiously, hair all fire like and eyes blood red.

Yang: "This is complete crap! He agrees to join you, does everything you want then you let him go get kidnapped by Salem like he was expendable?! You are so spineless, I can't beli-" Glynda Goodwitch immediately stands up as well and looks sternly at Yang.

Glynda: "Don't you dare speak to her like that, you have no idea what Salem is capable of!" Ozina raises her hand to stop Glynda from continuing.

Ozina: "I understand that all of you have some sort of relationship with Mr. (L/N), but Miss Goodwitch is right, we have little in terms of combating against Salem. If we did we would've taken Salem years ago. For now, we must collect what we know before we do anything about his capture. I hope you all understand."

I couldn't believe what she just said, I have to listen to her but I can't just sit here and hope for the best.

Qrow: "Ozina, I have been by you and question nothing you say, but I agree with the children, Salem can't have (Y/N)!"

Ozina: "I know, Qrow, but again I can't let others die for one. You of all people know what she is capable of. He is family to you, I get it, but you can't let that cloud your judgment."

Penny: "Then why not send in a small force to sneak in and take him out, I would like to be there to help-"

Ironwood: "Penny, please stay out of this. This is Ozina's decision and we must respect it." He says this, but I can see that he disagrees with the headmistress as well.

Qrow: "Yes, he is family. In all honesty that is why I can't let that heartless woman take him. You should know that if she manages to break him she will use him to her advantage."

Yang: "Yes, if you don't have a heart then at least think logically about this! He is way too powerful to be taken by her!" Ozina runs her eyes exhausted of this already.

Ozina: "Please understand, miss Xiao Long and everyone else, that I do feel for the situation. Every fiber of my being wants to save him but I can't risk sending huntsmen to go to him. Most of them will die and probably fail, what then? Beacon will be left weakened during and after the rescue regardless if he is brought back. What would you want me to do? Send men and women to their deaths to save one person?" Yang didn't say a word and broke eye contact but we all knew she was enraged by the headmistress' decision. "I am sorry, but until we can understand the situation better I can't take any risks. I must depart, I hope you will all respect my decision and remain passive until otherwise."

With that, the headmistress left with Glynda behind her. Yang begins to tear up along with Ruby. There was a deafening silence in the air.

Ironwood: "I must go back, Winter and I will be off back to the school. Penny, you are to obey headmistress Ozina for the time that you are here." He takes his leave, leaving the rest of us to think.

Qrow's POV

The air was heavy with a mixture of anxiety and sorrow. Even though he was back in our lives for less than a few months, he has left quite a impression on so many people.

Yang: "I am going anyways! I won't let her do what she wants with him!" She shouts.

Ruby: "B-but Yang, Ozina said tha-!"

Yang: "I don't give a flying fuck what she says! She is right, people will die, but I have to try!" Ruby opens her mouth to say something, we all knew it was to stop her but Yang continues. "I already abandoned before, I can't do it again!"

This hits Ruby and I the most. Both of us give grim expressions as we remember the days that he was treated like garbage. I could have done something but I chose personal interest over my own family. I knew if he was hurting Ruby or Yang I would've stepped up, we all knew, but I didn't for him. I stood up and took a swig from my flask.

Qrow: "I won't make the same mistake." I say quietly. "Alright, Yang, I am coming. I am going to contact someone who is probably more than willing to help us." I take my scroll out and took a deep breath. I began to type out, asking them for help, hopefully they will.

Raven's POV

I was at Tai's and Summer's house, we were just discussing of how things were going. I just did this last month but I had nothing to do and Qrow was out doing whatever.

Tai: "So then I said, what the hell do you mean you forgot my Pepsi?!" Honestly, it was kind of funny so I had a stupid smirk on my face. Summer on the other hand was laughing hysterically. "So, what about you? What have you been up to?"

The two parents has recovered well from the lost of their child, (Y/N). Though they didn't know yet, I couldn't tell them with (Y/N)'s promise to not tell them. I felt a ringing in my pocket, I took out my scroll to see Qrow has texted me. I scoffed and took a long drink from my alcoholic beverage. I read the text and halfway I choke on my drink. The alcohol burned my throat as it came back up.

Raven: "*Cough* *sputter* F-fuck . . . *Cough*."

The first few words were, '(Y/N) was captured by Salem.' This was more than enough to cause a fit of panic in the household. Tai stands up quickly, still holding his glass, patting my back to help me calm down. Summer was holding my shoulder gently, talking to me soothingly. After I calmed down a bit, i sat down and took a deep breath.

Tai: "Are you okay?!"

Raven: "Yes, I have to go now! I will be back to finish my drink."

Summer: "Um, okay, here is your helmet. I hope you are safe!" *Smash*

We both turned around sharply to see Tai's hand bleeding from the glass that he crushed. He was shaking violently both looking extremely surprised and angry. I check my pocket to find that my scroll was missing. I dropped it when I choked. He turns to me with teary and fiery eyes. He points the scroll to me showing the text to both Summer and I.

Tai: "He's . . . alive? Explain."

He was surprisingly calm giving the state of his body, which for the first time in my life scared me. Summer covered her mouth with both hands but didn't make a sound.

Summer: "(Y/N)? Our (Y/N)? A-and, Salem?"

Shit. I scratched my head trying to think up a lie or an excuse, but how do you lie about something like this. Qrow doesn't exactly talk to me unless it's important. I picked up my helmet from from the ground and looked back at Tai and into his eyes. I opened my mouth but Tai spoke first.

Tai: "It better be the truth, we both know Qrow doesn't like talking to you."

Raven: ". . . *Sigh* Your (Y/N) has been alive all this time. He is The Skeleton, a world-renowned killer." Tai let's out his breath from holding it from either the knowledge that his child was still alive or that he was a mass serial killer. "I ran into him a few months back myself but he was founded by Ozina. She managed to persuade him and add him to the Beacon academy roster."

Tai: "Who else knew, who was capable of telling me that he was alive!?"

Raven: "Everyone but you two." I said blatantly. I had no sympathies for Tai but Summer doesn't deserve this, though she took part of his departure, she still loves him. "He made- had everyone promise him to not tell you two that he is alive. I think it's because he is not ready for either of you. I have to go, (Y/N) is in trouble." Before I could walk away, Tai grabs my shoulder.

Tai: "I'm coming with you!"