Chapter 32: Apologies are just words, action is where it is at

Penny POV

I felt terrible, I didnt even know what happened. I started to cry, and still no tears come down.

Ozina: "You WILL start explaining this instant of why she attacked him!"

Winter: "Ma'am, if I may-"

Ozina: "You will stay out of this Winter. Start explaining."

Ironwood: "I-I-I don't know! Penny should have full control of herself. The only thing that bypasses all controls is the phrase I used on her. She shouldn't have any faulty wiring or programming."

Ozina: ". . . Penny."

Penny: "*sob* Y-yes?"

Ozina: "I want you to run a check on all programming involving Skeleton."

I did as asked. To my surprise, there was a very long and complicated script that bypasses all of my original programming. The order was to kill The Skeleton. I told them all this.

Ironwood: "Penny, delete all of it. I don't want anyone getting hurt. Winter, contact HQ and have all the staff who have interacted with Penny, I don't care how they did, under lockdown. Ozina, I am so sorry about this. I didn't know."

Ozina: "*sigh* It's fine, but right now, we have a very pissed killer on the loose. We need to find him and settle him down enough for him to listen to reason. We all go looking for him in secret. We can't have anyone know about the situation or we will have a panic on out hands."

We all nod, I have a feeling of where he is.

(Y/N) POV

I was furious, hurt, cold. I clumsily landed next to my tree, I can't keep this up. I don't know how to perform any self medical attention, so I'm kind of screwed. I crawled to the sapling. I heard a howl in the distance, I am way to tired to really feel and major negative emotions, but I guess that they saw me crash. It took a minute but they are here, a pack of mindless slobbering beasts. Hey, I heard being ripped apart by Beowulfs wasn't a bad way to go. They all charged at me, I closed my eyes and wait for it to end. It never came, instead a battle seems to be going on, and then it ceases. I opened my eyes to see Penny running towards me. I thought she would at least let me die without looking at her but I guess she wanted the pleasure. Well, too bad. I put my arm up at her, she stops around ten feet away from me.

Penny: "Please, let me help you. I can help if you just let me."

(Y/N): "Pft, yeah. And I am Carmen Sandiego! Guess where I am?!"

She steps closer, then I kneecap her with a bone. It was as I suspected, she wasn't alive. I stand up ready for a fight.

Penny: "It's okay, everything will be okay." She says in her best soothing voice.

I have a small chance of killing her, but I'll take it, I have only a few attacks left in me. Bone after bone, her body gets pierced, but she just kept walking, she had a look of pain on her face. I grew more and more frustrated.

(Y/N): "WHY WON'T YOU STOP?!"

She had bones all over her body, I felt tears streaming down my face. Why am I so hesitant on killing her, I could just pierce her head and be done with it. I was exhausted, I blew my chance. That whole time, I wasn't even trying to kill her, I just wanted her to go away. She reached me. We stood there staring at each other.

(Y/N): "What are you waiting for? KILL ME!"

Penny: ". . ."

Instead, she slowly wrapped her arms around me. I fell into her arms, I couldn't stand anymore. Not from the pain, but because of her. She laid me down on the ground. I destroyed the bones that were in her.