Chapter 12: Memories

(Y/N) POV

Besides the glares of almost everyone on the ship, the ride is quite enjoyable. I sat all the way in the back away from everyone, cause you know, socializing. The only one was Ozina who sat across from me. Suddenly, someone else appeared, a Huntsman carrying Rei. He sat her down next to me.

Rei: "That will be all, thank you."

He was hesitant at first but ended up leaving.

Rei: "I have questions, if I may ask them of course."

I gave her a polite smile and nodded.

Rei: "How do you know me. Out there you protected me, which was surprising considering you let me fall and broke my knees." I felt guilty, it must've shown cause her next words help cheer me up. "Do not worry my legs are perfectly fine, the doctor says that I need time to heal them and I will be able to return."

I nodded, I was happy that the damage isn't permanent.

(Y/N): "Well . . . I'm the boy you met at that village over 12 years ago."

Rei POV

My eyes widen. This very powerful man is the weak and starving boy that I met all those years ago?!

(Back than IDK)
I was walking from stall to stall, trying to find something that father would like when he returns. The weapons vendor wouldn't sell me any weapons, the alcohol vendor refused to sell, the list keeps going. I then hear crying and sniffling in an alley. I turn to find a boy with (h/l) (h/c) hair crying, he looked like a skeleton, when was the last time he ate?

Rei: "Are you okay?"

???: "*Gasp*!"

He was about to get up and run, but he tripped and fell. I ran over to him, but I stopped when he put his hands to protect himself.

???: "I-I-I'm s-sorry, please d-don't hurt m-m-me! I will b-be a good boy!"

Rei: "Shh, it's okay, I'm not going to hurt you."

I tried doing the soothing voice that mom uses on me when I'm sad or afraid. It seemed like it was working. I approached him, he was shaking uncontrollably but not moving. I then notice that his knee was scraped and bleeding from the fall. I knelt in front of him and gently took his knee, he of course flinched but relaxed in my hands. I tore off a piece of my shirt to use as a bandage. Once I was done I looked at my work satisfied, but one more thing. Just like my mom, I leaned in and kissed his knee gently. This of course surprises him, but his face shows that it was a pleasant one. I get up and offered my hand.

Rei: "My name is Rei, what's yours?"

He hesitantly takes my hand, then he looks at me with (e/c) eyes and smiles.

(Y/N): "(Y-Y/N)."

Rei: "Well (Y/N), let's get you something to eat."

His eyes lit up, not with joy but fear.

(Y/N): "N-no, I can't! It hasn't been three days yet!"

That's awful! He has to eat, I have to think of something.

Rei: "It's okay, I promise I won't tell!"

(Y/N): "Y-you promise?"

Rei: "I pinky promise." I hold out my pinky to him. "Cross my heart and hope to die!"

He looked at me funny for a few, then he locked his pinky with mine then I pulled on his hand to the nearest restaurant. Sorry mom, someone else needs this money more than dad. We order the fish curry, I take it with lots of spice, (Y/N) took his with coconut curry instead. The plates came out, mine was normal but (Y/N)'s was triple the portions. Guess they felt bad too. After we were done eating, I was about to take out the lien to pay for the meal until the waitress with red panda ears stopped us.