7. Dinner Issues

"How's the water?" I ask Raphael, seeing him drink the water bottle I gave him as he suddenly eyed suspiciously.

"Why? You poison it?"

"No. It's a question."

"I know that."

"Then answer it."

He snapped his head back forward, drinking the rest as he looked back at me. A smile on his face as he showed off his pearly whites.

"It was refreshing. Thanks for asking and showing that you care."

I roll my eyes, glancing at Dylan as he just sat on the couch scrolling through his phone. My disappointment for him has never been this high. Arthur and I didn't even kiss until I knew him for a few weeks. Him, a day!

Not that I'd want to kiss this old freak, he gets on my nerves just by hearing his voice.

We were going to have dinner at a nice restaurant in the middle of LA. But the twins are taking longer to dress up because they heard it was "fancy".

"You should be ashamed." I hiss, seeing Raphael raise an eyebrow at me." Don't you have shame? That's our friend and you dare come into our house and do that?"

"I guess so. At least I'm still adventurous. Not settling down yet, I gotta keep it going! You can't live life following the same old rules and abiding to peoples criteria. If I did that, I'd have married all the women I had children with and God knows I wasn't settling for them."

I just stare at him like he's some foreign object, not understanding how a human being can be so careless and so rude. I guess I'm just as rude but he's just selfish. I don't think I was this bad though.

"It's not about being 'adventurous,' it's about your lack of respect for us."

"I respect my son, you...it depends. You've been very disrespectful mister," I glare at him, watching as he walked around me and I looked at him as he leaned beside me on the left side of the counter," Haven't you heard the saying to respect your elders?"

"You? I will never respect you."

"Feelings mutual. I'm so happy that we can agree on something." He smiled, chuckling as he walked away and had me boiling." Also, they say frowning adds wrinkles. You should stop because I've also heard white people don't age as well. So, be careful, mon cher." ( my dear ) He states mockingly, and I look away quickly so that I didn't try to jump on his old ass.

Rushing upstairs, I wanted to be away from something than that environment.

Going to Isabella and Ava's room, I knock on the door politely. Knowing after a couple of failed times that I need to knock when it comes to girls. Just can't barge in...I'm more used to doing what I want so it took some getting used to.

"Who is it?" I hear Isabella's questioning voice, but it was a little lower as if she was trying to sound like a man. Chuckling, I raise my voice until it sounded all screechy and gross.

"William, can I come in?" I ask, coughing since that way past my limits.

Hearing her laugh, the door opened as Isabella was in a cute little dress my mom bought her not too long ago. Walking in, she closed it as I sat on their couch that was right in front of the TV.

"Where's Ava?" I ask Isabella as she sits beside me.

"Still changing. She refuses to wear dresses because she said she doesn't like dressing like a doll."

I chuckle, shrugging as that's understandable.

"So, what brings you to our humongous room?"

"I'm bored downstairs. Your...your grandfather is not fun."