22. Romantic

It's a holiday. Why not?

"Why of all times...why...?"

I look at Arthur as I just learned my family was invited to the Business Gala. A gala involving all high ranks in the business coming to celebrate their fortunes and what they've accomplished.

My family - of course - happened to be invited right when Arthur and I show back up. Closer and yet we might get farther considering we both have to bring a plus one.

This is the worst.

Considering him and I are...dating this is the worst timing.

"Arthur who are you going to bring?" My dad asks, and he shrugs as he glanced at me.

"Do I need date?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"It's just mandatory."

"That lame."

My mom gasps, making me snort as he shakes his head.

"I not want to bring anyone. I not like anyone except one person."

"Invite them then." My dad says, Arthur shrugging.

"You might not approve, beside, I not want to go-."

"You're going." I say to him, and he narrows his eyes at me." I'll be bored there without you. All the kids at that place are spoiled and conceited."

Arthur raises his eyebrows, and I roll my eyes.

"And you not?"

"I didn't say that."

"Then what are you say?"

"Hey...the way you said that was adorable - say it again!"

"Then what are you say...? Not make fun of me!" He growled, and I smiled as we kept...somewhat flirting it seemed. By the time we finished we looked at my parents to see them baffled.

"So...who are you inviting William?" My dad asked, looking lost to our whole conversation.

"Not su - I have an idea."

I stand, grabbing Arthur as I pull him to my room. Closing the door and locking it as I smile, rubbing my hands together in a scheme-like fashion.

"What your idea?"

"There is a pretty lesbian couple at our school. If we take one of each we can let them be while we're there and hang. Instead of bringing actual straight girls and getting their hopes up...this is perfect!" I exclaim, Arthur grinning; but suddenly cocking his head.

"But how we trick parents? Do they know they like one another?"

"That's the thing. They'll never suspect a thing when you learn who they are."

Arthur frowns, and I smirk as I nod at my brilliant plan. They'll never suspect once they learn who they are. It shocked me when I learned to, but considering I'm doing the exact same thing...

Genius.

****

"Bella, Talia; will you two come to the Business Gala with Arthur and me?" I ask, Talia smirking as she went to Arthur immediately. Wrapping her arm around his, and Bella rolling her eyes.

"What's with you asking?"

"Because you two are secretly dating," I admit, making her blush and Talia snicker," Arthur and I aren't innocent either. We both happen to be dating too. I was with him when I was with you."