32. Heart Racer

I gasp as I sit up, hearing this loud pounding noise. When I look beside me I see that Arthur wasn't there, so I look at the clock. Instantly I was startled that he never woke me up! It was one in the afternoon!

Getting out of the bed, I follow that noise immediately. My arms folded to my chest in annoyance to having to hear this. Ever since the baby shower that was only a couple of days ago, things have been different.

Every...single day since then, Arthur has been doing things I've never seen him do.

This is a good indication as I stood in a room that used to be pretty much empty, but now has these light fixture and this large screen TV. There were some consoles attached to it and I saw that the room was pretty much a gaming paradise. Except never have I ever been into gaming.

"Arthur what the hell?" I groan, and I see him look over his shoulder at me as he stops working on building a shelf. "What's with all of this? You've been doing this...and for what?"

"I'm not doing it for you, just to put it out there." He states with this irritation present. "Ava and Isabella wanted to have more fun, so I asked them what would be so fun. They wanted their own gaming room, so I'm building up one. Because, you know...that's fun."

I watch him look away from me now, going back to working on the shelf. My eyes divert off of him and I already knew what the issue was already. Ever since everyone called him boring pretty much and I joked around, he's been like this.

He's not mean to me, but not exactly nice either. There's this very odd way of how he's speaking to me. I just can't put my finger on it...

"What about the babies room?" I ask him, knowing how that used to always excite him. Only for him to stop and I see him sigh.

"How about you go check for yourself? I shouldn't have to inform you of these things when if you just took the time to look, you'd know I have already finished it. You can go look if you want." He tells me in annoyance. Now I was annoyed with his attitude.

"What's your problem?" I question him now, irritated at this point.

"What's my problem? I don't know William, I'm just trying to have some fun right now. Please let me do so, before I bore you to tears." Arthur was being like that. "Not to mention your bestie should be here soon."

"What are you talking about?"

"You both planned this whole week of fun things to do that you could never do with me because I'm boring. He'll be here any minute now and you're not even ready." He shrugs, and I felt my face get red.

That's why he doesn't wake me up anymore.

"Wow...you're being like that-?"

I hear the doorbell go off, and I rush away upstairs. I already knew that today I was supposed to be racing go-karts and eat out, but I always forget when I first wake up. Maybe I should set an alarm...even though it used to be Arthur.

As I tried brushing my teeth and putting on clothes at the same time, I could already hear the front door being opened. I rush towards my door, listening in.

"Hey Arthur, do you mind telling William I'm here?" I hear Micha ask him.

"I do mind. I'm doing my own things right now and the last thing I want to deal with is sending him off to a little mini date with his...what's your name again?"

"Micha."

"Oh...just as unpromising as I suspected... He'll be done soon I guess." Arthur tells him, and I begin to hear him walk up the stairs. I rushed to the bathroom again and spit out the paste, rinsing my mouth out as he walked into the bedroom.