15. Because I'm Your Husband

I sat up in the bed, my eyes practically bloodshot. It was near to impossible for me to get any sleep.

Arthur laid beside me - his eyes watching me intently. Even though it was one in the morning and I knew he was exhausted...he stayed up with me. Just watching me without problem and he looked unbothered.

"Arthur I know this is the fourth time tonight..." I groan, slamming my head back into the pillow. "We went to bed at eleven...I woke up four times... I am a mess! I - I need to sleep in the guest bedroom."

"No, you don't William. I will be by your side. This is okay for me to stay up with you. I can't sleep knowing you're having nightmares right beside me. We sleep together - we wake up together." He murmurs to me, and I look down at him.

I grin at him, leaning my head on his chest. His hand rested upon my head and I felt him his other hand pull me closer to him.

Again came the feeling like I shouldn't be laying here with him. Why do the nightmares want to come back now? Especially when we are about to finally have a child.

"Arthur..."

"Yes, mom amour?"

"I know this is probably troublesome - no, probably annoying as hell since it involves me. But...can you sing me to sleep?" I ask him, and he chuckles.

"You would like me to sing for you?" He asks, and I nod against his chest. "Okay, anything to help you sleep. I'll hum a melody and you can just close your eyes. Let yourself drift off to sleep..."

I grin, closing my eyes for him. That's when I begin to hear him him for me. It started off deep and low, causing me to wait on if I would know what he was humming.

Except I couldn't figure it out because I kept drifting off. It seemed like he hummed for forever because I was drifting off and coming back. It was like something in me wanted to see if he'd truly wait for me to fall asleep.

He truly meant it and I opened my eyes as much as I could - now seeing it was three in the morning. Of me drifting off and he's spent two hours humming for me?

"Arthur you can go to sleep - you don't have to hum for me anymore." I tell him, but he continues on. That's when I look at him and saw his eyes closed.

He shook his head, and I smile as I just let myself lay back down. Closing my eyes as I finally let myself go to sleep, hoping I wouldn't have another nightmare.

____couple hours later____

I feel...sick to my stomach.

I woke up and it was eleven in the afternoon, and Arthur wasn't beside me anymore. I understood as to why. The twins are here and they'll need him still.

Still, I woke up nauseous and the dream I had wasn't a dream at all. It was basically a numbed down nightmare. In this nightmare we were playing football like we were in high school again.

Except I was chasing after him and he kept running from me. He wanted absolutely nothing to do with me and kept getting farther away. It was repetitive and it basically mocked me.

I get up, leaving the bedroom as I go downstairs. Seeing Arthur with the twins and they all sat at the table - eating brunch.

When they saw me Isabella was the first to make it be known. She called my name with excitement as I sat beside Arthur. He didn't even look tired - not at all.

I stole a piece of fruit from his plate, seeing him give me his plate. He just got up and went to make a new one - shocking me with how kind he was. I will never get used to his kindness.