22. Seeing Two

"Ah...hello?"

I watch as a woman glances up at me, her eyes softening on me. I feel my cheeks become pink in embarrassment because there was only one more man in here.

"Hello, are you here for an exam with a partner? Or are you having the exam?" She asks me gently, and I bite my lip.

"I'm...here for the ultrasound." I state nervously, but no judgements in her eyes.

"Aww, do you have your papers?"

"No...this is my first time doing this." I confess quietly. "I didn't know I needed papers, I'm sorry."

She smiles at me, completely being understanding as she rummaged through a drawer. Even saw her grab a pen, handing me the papers.

"You can fill those out and once you do - bring them back to me. I'll set up an ultrasound for you in twenty - is that good?" She asks me, and before I can respond I see hands slam on the counter.

I saw the twins in front of me now, shaking with excitement. I soon saw Arthur go past me and I instantly became shy. My arms wrap around him as I try to pull him away from the counter.

"I want to see our baby A-S-A-P!" He exclaims, and I saw the woman looking up in shock to his excitement.

"We want to see our sibling! We're gonna be big sisters!" Isabella exclaims even more loudly, Ava nodding ecstatically.

"We are more excited than anyone in this place! We want to see our sibling quickly! No hesitation!" Ava cries even louder.

"Guys you're being too loud." I whimper, and Arthur backs up as he looks at me in surprise. "We're in a public setting."

"S...so?!" He laughs as he claps his hands quickly. "We get to see baby today - why I not be so happy? You not want me happy?"

I sigh, looking at the twins as they still were bombarding the lady with questions. We were drawing lots of attention, but they all seemed to be very happy for me. None of them looked annoyed or irritated by the commotion.

"I want you to be happy. Just...in moderation." I pat his chest only for him to shake his head.

"No moderation. We need happy! I die if I not release all excitement! I just...burst." He rests his hand above his chest, resting his hand on where mine was. "I not burst before baby born. I not die."

"Okay...you not die." I tease him, seeing him smile happily.

I was happy to see him in such a good mood. Because all of yesterday...he was furious. It was near to impossible to calm him down. He lashed out at many - except the twins, Dylan, and me.

When we woke up for this morning he was in high spirits. He was back to his sweet self and even made everyone breakfast. Had me contemplating if he even remembered anything from yesterday.

Though it was evident he did when he asked me where I put the clothes that were drenched. Maybe he's just trying to go about things positively since it's the first ultrasound. Or...he's just really excited and that overshadows everything else.

"Why do you have to do papers just to get an ultrasound?" Ava whines to me since we were sitting at a table. There were a lot of them actually and Arthur was helping me with some of them.

"A lot of them are asking me about my medical history and physical...which I'm very healthy so." I say confidently only to hear Isabella snort. "Anyway, there's also pregnancy information and if I have any specific concerns or questions - which I don't."

"I-I do!" Arthur cries, and I look at him as he looks shy. "I wanna know how many pictures I allow to take. I want thousands."

I face back forward, going back to filling this out. Since he said that now the twins were going insane about pictures.