8. Cussing + Crying

Ever since yesterday everything has been somewhat normal. Raphael slept in a guest room and ending up getting to know the twins.

It was odd. Especially when they told me what they thought of him. But oddly enough, they ended up getting along and they did better than I thought.

Sitting the living room, I saw Raphael in the kitchen like usual. So far all he's done is eat. His jet lag isn't as bad as I thought, yet when it's afternoon here he's yawning.

I think he'll manage.

"Are you just one to stare at people?" He asks, and I blink." I know I look like an old version of Arthur, but don't get any ideas-."

"Never." I hiss, and he chuckles.

"Good. We have a common ground on what's okay and what's not. Happy to know."

"I'd never be into you." I growl, glaring at him harshly." I rather raw dog a beehive than be with you."

Raphael snickered, shaking his head as he looked away. But that only seemed to piss me off.

All these times he's had such a big mouth, why won't he say something now?

"What are you gonna say? Huh?" I hiss, seeing Raphael chuckle but his face was dark and sinister." You've been so painstakingly honest before, so, what's changed?"

"Sometimes, I question your integrity." Raphael hissed, and I glare at him as he's suddenly standing." But you know what else I question? You and Arthur's marriage."

I flinch, my hands suddenly balling into fists. My throat becoming tight as I've never heard anyone tell me straight to my face that they questioned our marriage. Relationship? Of course, but when we got married they accepted it except Nathan.

But Raphael just got here and he already sees something...?

"How dare you come in here and say you question our marriage-?"

"I do! You just seem like the type of person who throws others around, my son included. Not sure if anyone ever told you this straight to your rich boy face, but you don't deserve my son."

I find myself becoming sick, my hands becoming clammy and I felt like I needed to throw up. I knew what I didn't deserve, but it didn't help to hear it from him. Especially since we've been married for five years, I didn't need to hear this now.

"I know what I don't deserve..."

"Then you're well acquainted to my words. I would like to tell you who you are." He began to walk closer to me, glaring at me while a smile was present on his face. Frightening me the more he edged closer." You're selfish. In your heart you believe you don't deserve Arthur, and you most certainly don't. You claim you're strong, but you're mainly just a coward and a wimp. I don't know what you were like before, but I get a vibe that you treated my son like shit and that pisses me off.

"You know you shouldn't be here with him, yet, you are. His love for you is shocking and I sometimes wonder if he suffers from Stockholm Syndrome."

I bit my lip, feeling my eyes begin to burn as Raphael continued to smile. Not caring that he was getting in my face and telling me my truth. Telling me things I didn't want to even hear...

"He doesn't suffer from Stockholm Syndrome-."

"I think he does. He either is a masochist or is messed up in the head because who'd love you? I most certainly wouldn't after everything you've done to me. I'm just guessing, but considering how you treated me and I'm a new person, I can't imagine how you treated him.