19. Nurse Troubles

|Arthur's Nurse: Finn
***

I sat beside Arthur in his bed, shy as can be as he eyed me for very long. He was probably wondering why the only clothes I wore around him were baggy.

"I see...you shave hair." He murmurs shyly, and I felt my face heat up. "What change for?"

"Depression kicked in...influenced me greatly." I state to him, and sadness started to accompany his eyes. "I am a mess without you...truly. I lack...common sense at times and was irrational. So irrational that I shaved my hair...and did other things."

Arthur set himself up further in the bed, so that I had to look up at him now. His hands grabbed my arm only for me to pull it away.

"What do you hide?" He questions me quietly, and I shook my head. "William it okay... What you do?"

I sigh, unzipping my jacket. I began to pull it off and Arthur's eyes softened on me. Made me feel embarrassed because he looked at me as if I was someone else.

He truly looked heartbroken to see me this way. His eyes began to water for me and I instantly zipped back up my jacket.

"Arthur don't cry. I'm eating more now - now that you're awake. Don't worry I'll be back to normal soon enough...my hair grows pretty fast so-."

"I not care for hair! What you do...to self? This why you wear so baggy clothes? To hide...from me what you do to self? William!" He cries, but I could hear the anger in his voice.

He was actually upset with me and I expected it. Though he...too upset with me.

"Arthur I'm fine now-."

"No!...baby? Have you care for baby?" He whimpers, and I nod reassuringly.

"I ate whenever they craved food. Don't worry, but I didn't really eat for myself." I state to him honestly. Though it was clear to me that he wanted to say a lot, but with his loss of English...he can't.

"Je t'ai dit que peu importe ce qui m'arrive ... prends soin de toi.  Je vous ai fait une promesse et vous avez rompu cette promesse.  Comment as-tu pu te faire ça?  Avez-vous oublié que notre bébé est à l'intérieur de vous?  William je suis déçu de toi." ( I told you no matter what happens to me...take care of yourself.  I made you a promise and you broke that promise.  How could you do this to yourself?  Have you forgotten that our baby is inside of you?  William I am disappointed with you. ) He sneers at me.

It made me disappointed in myself when he said that to me. I already knew he'd be upset, but hearing him say that in French was even worse.

Hearing him say it that way told me he was dead serious. That he was pissed at me...most definitely.

"I'm sorry...this is why I wasn't going to show you. You get so mad-."

"Because it you! Why not I get mad for you! You hurt...self. You not eat... Baby could be hurt 'cause you break promise with me. I so...hurt." His hand rests above his heart, looking at me sadly.

Before I could respond we both heard the door open. When we both look this mixed dude walked in. Though he nods at Arthur, but when we make eye contact he began to slowly grow a smile.

That's when I look away slightly, feeling awkward.

I get off of Arthur's bed, walking to the nurse as I extend my hand towards him kindly.

"Hey, I'm William - Arthur's partner." I introduce myself, and he shook my hand kindly. Though his green eyes kind of creeped me out.

"William is it? I'm Finn, Arthur's nurse for some time. I didn't know he was in a relationship with such an attractive person." Finn murmured to me, and I pulled my hand out of his quickly.