35. Having Both

"Wait, you aren't going the right way." I tell Arthur, and he nods firmly. "What are you doing?"

"I'm kidnapping you William." Arthur snickers mischievously. I look at him with a raised eyebrow as he starts to wiggle his eyebrows at me. "The doors are locked, so don't even try to open-."

I pull the lock on the door, and Arthur smiles shyly.

"You could do that too, b-but please don't!" Arthur stammers awkwardly and I didn't understand what was happening.

He continued to drive on and we were in an area I haven't seen before. They were houses that were quite spread apart from each other, but for good reason.

For such a big size, makes sense as to why. I didn't know what Arthur was trying to do until he pulled up to a house. I looked at it in the car in silent amazement.

The house was definitely smaller than the one we used to live in, and I look at him. He continued to wiggle his eyebrows at me - not saying a word.

The house had a more...comfortable-feeling. It was still big, but not too much.

"What...are you planning?"

Arthur shrugs, rushing out of the car. I see him go around and he helps me out the car. When I go for the babies he easily took them out, holding them both in his arms. I was confused where this energy came from.

At least he seemed happier now. He was no longer with me, so he could be this way.

I follow behind him while he runs to the front doors. When he puts a code in, I watch them open themselves. He looks back at me and smiled excitedly.

"Isn't that so fancy?!" He squeals to me. I am happy that he's back to normal...and just seems happier. That's how I know I was holding him back.

"It is very fancy." I smile at him sadly. Arthur nods for me to go inside first and I might as well.

As soon as I step inside I find my body smacking into a big poster. I step back and saw there was writing on it.

Welcome home, William!

I frown, looking back at him. He had a proud smile on his face and I didn't know what he was doing.

"Arthur you deserve better, I left you...so that you could get away from me." I remind him.

"I know...but by technicality, we're still married. You gave me your ring, for all I know I'm supposed to send it in for a cleaning - who knows!" He sighs peacefully, and I look at him like he's crazy. "You were right though, with the ring analogy you gave."

I frown, for some odd reason not able to remember what I said. He seemed to notice as he nodded at the twins. I take them from him, and he now stepped maybe a foot away from me.

I wasn't sure what he was trying to do, but it was...reminiscent of something.

"You said...the rings bonded us together into a toxic relationship. These rings did that, right?" Arthur shows me the rings we once wore, and I nod.

"They did."

"Then..."

I watch Arthur begin to lower himself before me and I tried to stop him. Except he wouldn't let me. He was on one knee before me and pulled out a ring box. When he opens them I see two brand new wedding bands, and I shake my head.

"Arthur don't do this to yourself-."

"No William, don't do this to yourself... Don't do this to me... I love you." Arthur murmurs to me and I heard myself whimpering. "I can't be with anyone else but you. You said the ring was the root of the problem and held together something toxic; so I got new rings. We can start anew, with these."