5. Playing With Emotions

It's been a few days since Arthur joined the football team. And so far, I've been not talking to him. At all.

If anyone knows me they know that I take football seriously. I'm pretty sure even Bella knows I love football more than her! Sorry, but not sorry.

But the football team has accepted him with open arms. No usual ritual of the dumping of ice on the newbies head. Except everyone acted like it wasn't even a thing now that he came.

It pisses me the fuck off that he's having no problem here.

I still am the most popular kid here, but he's moving up the popularity ladder so easily! No ones trying to push him down and if he even gets to where I am I won't be afraid to!

Right now we're at practice. Here he is, as Quarterback and looking stupid. People still have to direct and redirect him where to throw the damn football.

Talking in his messed up English and making things harder than they should be. Since I'm Captain shouldn't it matter how I feel?

Shouldn't I have a say as well in who becomes Quarterback? I believe I should; I did last time.

"William!" I watch as another one of my good friends, Ben, jogs towards me.

"What is it?"

"It's Arthur, we need you to tell him in your cool language to do his cool thing. He's gettin' all shy and shit-."

"Are you fucking kidding me?! He isn't a child, tell him straight up!" I yell, getting annoyed that they were being so sensitive with him.

"But..." We glance at him, seeing him passing to somebody than when he catches it he begins to fidget.

"This is ridiculous! Move!" I jog over, getting to him as I snatch the football out of his hand. When he sees it's me he immediately looks away." What are you doing? Why aren't you taking this seriously?"

He frowns, glancing around." I sorry. I am just thinking about something."

I glare at him, not in the mood to look at him or talk to him. But the fact that he's spouting this nonsense to me, that he's not paying attention...

"You dumbass! Take this seriously! This is my dream," I hiss the last part, shoving him," I will not have you ruin it for me! Football is all I got and if you fuck this up for me I will fuck you up."

He stays quiet, looking at me with a expression I couldn't read. But I ignored it as I snatched the football out his hand.

"You are the quarterback. You throw the ball to the person that is closest to making a touchdown, or run. Don't stand there looking stupid like you usually do. I am serious if you waste time I will snatch the ball from you myself."

He nods, stepping back until I stepped back towards him.

"I am so serious Arthur. Don't fuck this up for me. I don't have time for you to be ruining this when you've already ruined part of it."

With that I walk away, standing back next to Ben as Dylan comes towards us.

We all watch as Arthur throws the ball, it almost soaring across the field and number 55 caught it. Nodding, I was pleased.

"What'd you do?" Dylan asked me, and I shrugged causally.

"We both had a nice talk, brother to brother." I smile, Ben grinning while Dylan shook his head.

"Not cool dude. I heard your guys conversation."

"I don't care. I feel great!" I grin, watching as he's throwing perfect throws now and isn't hesitating. But what was he thinking about that was distracting him from throwing these perfect throws?