29. I Love You

Arthur laid his head against my chest, hiding his face from me as he didn't say anything. I just let him sit there, my arms wrapped around him as we sat on the couch.

Ever since the whole Enzo thing he won't go back to the house, even though it's his. He got a hotel and of course I'm staying with him.

"Arthur...did you truly think that was your brother?"

He didn't answer, but I heard him sniffle as he shrugged.

"Guess so. He look like me and I hope. I not sure... I thought, maybe I do have family. But I not. He just prove it by have to get fake brother for me..."

I sneered, pissed at Enzo.

What the hell was he thinking doing that? What do you get out of doing that?

Now here he is, practically bawling his eyes out that that wasn't his real brother. I didn't believe it for a second. How can you just find someone's brother all of a sudden, like in two days or maybe three?

I don't know what Enzo has, but I know he doesn't have enough money to be finding relatives around... But I do...

"Judging on the way you reacted to learning that wasn't your brother... How would you feel if I searched for dad?" I say softly, not wanting to piss him off even further.

Since he didn't say anything I take this chance to say some things to convince him.

"You clearly want some part of your family. I know how it went with your mom and I'm sorry... But the last time I brought up your dad you stopped talking to me for a little. So, Arthur...would you like to look for your dad?"

We just sat here, him laying here and I just stayed quiet. Knowing his little rule where I don't know when to shut up, now I do. So I'm following it...

Chewing my lip, I just wait. Respecting him and his personal business.

"William..." I watch as he sat up, and I saw his watery eyes. Making me sad as he wiped them, grinning - tried to at least." I believe you have good intention... But today hard blow. I felt happy. I excited. Thought I had someone to relate and he look close to me. Now I think and see he not even that close to looking like me... But I so desperate that I unconscious made him brother... I pathetic-."

"You're not pathetic."

"Yeah...but I am coward-."

"You're...you're not that either."

He chuckles, ruffling my hair like I was a dog. Making me blush as he kissed my cheek.

"You not have to try make me feel better. This me problem and I need to fix... Even though it impossible..."

"Arthur I said I'd-."

"No. I not want to do that to you. It your time I waste and it not fair-."

"If that's how we're doing it than that would mean you're wasting my time because I came here to be with you again. So you can't say that." I defend, getting angry that he was beating himself up over this incident.

"William it my choice. You ask me. I not-."

"Arthur just let me help you!"

"I not want to burden-."

"If you were burdening me you think I would've come back?!" I shout, making him just look angrier as he looked away.

What did I say wrong this time?

"How I know? I burden to mom. My dad. I seem to burden lots, so I think I know how it feel to be burden to other." He sneered, making me roll my eyes at his immaturity it felt like.