16. I Can't Lose You

***

***

"How is he doing?" I croak, the doctor walking into the hospital room as Arthur still was on the hospital bed. His heart monitor normal to say the least, yet he shouldn't be here...

"It looks like his records are spectacular. He should have waked up days - if not a week ago. This is very unusual. So we are planning on taking him to get a check up if there's anything that's not how it should be."

I nod, staring down at him as this felt longer than two years. The disconnection that tugged at my heart strings from everything else was scary.

Couldn't even take care of myself and all I can manage is the twins. I go home and help them with anything and we eat. I still have Bella sleeping over so that I can come back to the hospital to sleep beside Arthur.

Yet all I can do is have tears streaming down my cheeks. Looking at him, and not feeling his arms hug me tightly to him. His lips would kiss me and whenever I woke up to use the restroom I'd come back and Arthur would be awake...waiting for me.

I shouldn't be here... If I never stayed in bed I could be with Arthur. He told me to stay in bed and that he would go to deliver the clothes himself - that he didn't want to wake me. Though in the end I should've objected, and I didn't.

This makes me hate myself even more than I already do. It doesn't help that I'm pregnant.

....

Why is it always him that suffers at my expense?

____a week ago____

"Why did I get so lucky with you?"

I stare at Arthur as he smiled at me. I was very clingy to him now. Ever since he made it very clear that he doesn't mind hearing every single one of my thoughts... I've told him everything.

Now I can sit before him with a peace of mind. The nightmares are less frequent and I'm happy to say that I feel better. I can thank Arthur for helping me feel this good.

"I could say the same about you. We should really thank your parents more often." He says to me as he was reorganizing drawers for any old clothes we don't need.

"My parents would be cocky if we did that." I snort, and I open one of the drawers. "Let me help!"

I yank out some clothes as I throw them on the bed. Arthur watching me with a big smile as I go and close the drawer now. Smirking at him, he clapped his hands at my small actions.

"Impressive. That's what I like to call 'cute without trying'." He teases me, and I felt my face become a little warm. "Really though. Want to help me sort clothes?"

"You're doing this by choice? Just giving away some of our clothes to where exactly?"

"Goodwill." He reminds me, and I nod. "It's for a good cause. We don't wear half of the clothes we have. Let's be selfless."